1. Greetings from Fort Jackson, SC, home of your Adjutant General Corps. Enclosed below is information regarding the upcoming AG Corps Regimental Week. This year, there is a new event that we are asking for your support through sponsoring and/or attending: the Inaugural Carolina Maude Foundation Golf Tournament. Proceeds from this event will go to the Maude Foundation Fund, supporting the educational opportunities of current and future Soldiers while preserving the legacy of LTG Maude and his commitment to Soldiers.
I want to encourage every AGCRA Chapter, especially those within driving distance, to field a team and support this worthy cause. Senior Leaders from throughout the Corps have already committed to attend this event. I challenge every Chapter to place your Chapter name and logo on the tournament course by serving as an Individual Hole Sponsor. I would love to see Iron Mike on Hole #18, Rock of the Marne on #3, and Pike’s Peak on #4 and so on, and I look forward to seeing you there. Please see the attached Sponsorship Letter for more details.
2. The week of 27-30 May 2014 is designated as this year’s AG Corps Regimental Week at Fort Jackson, SC. As part of this year’s AG Corps Regimental Week, there are several marquee events:
a. The AG Corps HOF Ceremony on May 30th, 10:00 AM at the Soldier Support Institute auditorium (Building 10000, Hampton Parkway), Fort Jackson, SC.
b. The Inaugural Carolina Maude Foundation Golf Tournament hosted by the National AG Corps Regimental Association (AGCRA) on May 29th, Fort Jackson Golf Course, foursome registration is from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM, with tee time at 1:30 PM.
c. The National AG Corps Regimental Ball on May 30th, cocktail hour starts at 5:00 PM at the Doubletree Hotel and Convention Center, Columbia, SC.
3. Beginning 17 March, the website at AGRegimentalWeek.com will allow you to purchase tickets for both the Inaugural Carolina Maude Foundation Golf Tournament and National AG Ball, or you can purchase tickets separately for each event. Please note the following:
4. Points of contact follow:
a. For ticket sales for the National AG Ball, Maude Foundation Golf Tournament, or questions concerning the AGRegimentalWeek.com website contact:
(1) CPT Melissa Comiskey (Primary), firstname.lastname@example.org, (803) 751-8326 (DSN 734).
(2) CPT Brian Hollandsworth (Alternate), email@example.com, (803) 751-3991 (DSN 734).
b. For information on the Maude Foundation Golf Tournament rules and procedures contact: LTC (Ret) Ward D. Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org, (803)751-9059 (DSN 734).
5. I hope to see you at the AG Corps Regimental Week this May.
President, National AGCRA
(803) 751-8440 DSN: 734-8440 FAX: -8302
“DEFEND AND SERVE”