1. RECOMMENDED PRE-DEPLOYMENT TRAINING FOR HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) PROFESSIONALS AND SRC-12 UNITS. From USARCENT G-1: During the most recent deployment of the 310th HRSC it was discovered that incoming HR Soldiers and SRC-12 units were arriving into theater untrained. To validate this observation, the 310th HRSC Senior Warrant Officer created a simple survey which was distributed by email in order to obtain quantitative data to confirm or refute the existing perception. The responses, combined with additional feedback from the field, were broken down into core functional training to determine which areas required more focus in terms of specific human resources training. Attached at the following link are areas that USARCENT G-1 Plans and Operations Branch recommends units pay closer attention when conducting pre-deployment training. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-536118
2. SGLV 8286s. From Army Soldier Records Branch, HRC: SGLV 8286s MUST be processed in SOES. Army Soldier Records Branch technicians will not process SGLV 8286s that are submitted to iPERMS in a batch. The only exception is for University cadets without a CAC whose admin personnel are submitting the SGLV 8286 as part of their accession packet. Visit the following link for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/message/784179
3. SGLI ZERO OR DECLINATION OF COVERAGE. From the SOES Team: The SOES team has discovered that any Soldier that declined SGLI coverage prior to SOES (1 October 2017) would have had $0 SGLI coverage loaded into SOES. These Soldiers cannot confirm and certify the declination (they have already declined coverage and their documented declination should already be in iPERMS). They may however request an increase in coverage, confirm and certify, which would generate a SOES document transfer to iPERMS. In July of 2019 the Army will submit a request to the DMDC SOES team to allow annual updates, recertifying zero coverage, pay inquiry for correcting premium coverage amounts and unit status reports at the brigade level or division level. Visit the following link for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-536179
4. 42A MONTHLY UPDATE, NOVEMBER 2018. From AG Proponency: The 42A Monthly Update for November is available at the following link on S1NET and on the Army Career Tracker Website. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-536512
5. ENLISTED PROMOTIONS, AC AND USAR (AGR), NOVEMBER 2018.
a. AC ENLISTED PROMOTION CUTOFF SCORES AND SGT/SSG BY-NAME PROMOTION LISTS, NOVEMBER 2018. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535888
b. AC PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (PME) EXCEPTION TO POLICY (ETP) SGT/SSG CUTOFF SCORES, NOVEMBER 2018. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535889
c. AC SENIOR ENLISTED PROMOTIONS BY- NAME, SEQUENCE REPORT AND ORDERS, NOVEMBER 2018. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-536239
d. AGR (USAR) SGT/SSG PROMOTION CUTOFF SCORES, BY-NAME PROMOTION AND STANDING (PPRL) LISTS, NOVEMBER 2018. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-536141
e. AGR (USAR) PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (PME) EXCEPTION TO POLICY (ETP) SGT/SSG CUTOFF SCORES, NOVEMBER 2018.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-536174
f. AGR (USAR) (SFC-SGM) SENIOR ENLISTED PROMOTION SEQUENCE NUMBER REPORT AND BY-NAME PROMOTIONS LIST, NOVEMBER 2018.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-536049
6. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. For research purposes, all ALARACTs are posted on AKO at the following link.https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/550282
a. ALARACT 086/2018, ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE GENERAL DOUGLAS MACARTHUR LEADERSHIP AWARD PROGRAM FOR CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2018 – CORRECTED COPY, DTG: R 191853Z OCT 18. This message announces the General Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award Program for calendar year (CY) 2018. The General Douglas MacArthur Leadership Award recognizes company grade officers who demonstrate the ideals for which General MacArthur stood — Duty, Honor, and Country — and promotes and sustains effective junior officer leadership in the Army. A total of 28 officers will be selected for the award: 24 commissioned officers and four warrant officers. Nominees must be CPTs or CW2s in the U.S. Army and cannot be in their primary zone for promotion or on a promotion list for MAJ or CW3, respectively, as of 31 December 2018. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-534284
b. ARMY DIRECTIVE 2018-13, GUIDANCE ON FIRE SUPPRESSANT AND FUEL CONTAINMENT FOR ARMY GROUND VEHICLES, 1 OCT 18. The purpose of this directive is to provide guidance on fire suppressant and fuel containment standards. This directive applies to light, medium, and heavy tactical vehicles and ground combat vehicles initially acquired on or after 1 October 2018 under a major defense acquisition program. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-536546
7. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page athttps://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper. All Military Pay E-Messages are available on the DFAS website at https://dfas4dod.dfas.mil/centers/dfasin/library/milpay.htm.
a. MILITARY PAY E-MESSAGE 18-055, USE OF RECOUPMENT MEMO FOR INVOLUNTARY SEPARATION AND DISABILITY SEVERANCE PAY. The purpose of this message is to provide guidance regarding Recoupment Memo for Involuntary Separation Pay (ISP) and Disability Severance Pay (DSP). https://dfas4dod.dfas.mil/centers/dfasin/library/milpay/policy18/msg18-055.htm
8. S1NET MEMBER/UNIT CONTRIBUTIONS. The following unit/individually developed products or information have been contributed to S1NET for the use and benefit of all members/units. These products have not been reviewed nor sanctioned by TRADOC or the AG School, and may be specific to the unit/component/location.
a. READY FORCE (RFX) MISSION PACKING LIST. “Does anyone need a Packing List for RFX or Mobilization? I have created a list for your Carry On Bag, A Bag and B Bag. I did not include your eSAPI plates nor your IOTV because the unit I made it for is a TDA not a MTOE. Please feel free to modify/tailor to your needs of the mission.” Contributed by SGM Dirk Livingston. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-536265
9. FORSCOM WORLDWIDE INDIVIDUAL AUGMENTATION SYSTEM (WIAS) REQUIREMENTS. Visit the FORSCOM WIAS topic on S1NET at the following link.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/forscom-wias
a. FORSCOM WIAS HIGH PRIORITY POSITIONS. This post lists positions which are overdue and are critical vacancies. They are considered a priority fill above all of our other requirements due to their overdue status, and we will accommodate a minimum 30 day reporting window for all positions listed. Our full working list of requirements is also attached for full visibility. Please be advised this is a working list that is tasked to our Corps and MSCs and cannot be promised to applicants without a complete packet. We will update this posting bi-weekly to provide the most up to date opportunities. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-502391
10. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-375787. Units/commands who wish to post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message Summary. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/jobannouncementsmobvacancies
a. MULTIPLE TPU VACANCIES (OFF/WO/ENL) – 79TH TSC, LOS ALAMITOS, CA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535266
b. CALLING ALL FUTURE CYBER WARRIORS – ARMY RESERVE CYBER OPERATIONS GROUP OPPORTUNITIES/VACANCIES, VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN CONUS AND OCONUS.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535891
c. MAJ/31A TPU VACANCY, ARMY RESERVE AVIATION COMMAND, FORT KNOX, KY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-534563
d. 1ST BDE, GLTD, 84TH TC (IL, IN, TN) SGT-SGM, CPT(P)-LTC & WO2 TPU VACANCIES, ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, IL, WITH DETACHMENTS IN CAMP ATTERBURY, IN AND NASHVILLE, TN. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-534760
e. COMMANDER/1SG/E7/E6/E5 VACANCIES FOR MOBILIZING UNIT, 386TH EN CO, SLOAN, NV. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535200
f. 1-333RD REGT MULTIPLE TPU INSTRUCTORS VACANCIES: 92M SSG/MSG, 92A SSG/SFC, 92W SSG/SFC, 88M SFC, 92Y SSG/SFC, FORT BUCHANAN, PUERTO RICO.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535240
g. 13TH QM DET (PETRL), LIVONIA, MI, TPU, LTC/LG, PETROLEUM OFFICER VACANCY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-533846
h. 2ND BATTALION, 311TH REGIMENT, TPU, MULTIPLE VACANCIES, ENL/ OFF, FORT BRAGG, NC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535465
i. 7TH MISSION SUPPORT COMMAND (MSC), MULTIPLE TPU VACANCIES, NCO/OFF, GERMANY AND ITALY LOCATIONS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535478
j. IMA ENLISTED VACANCIES, UNITED STATES ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, TRANSATLANTIC DIVISION, WINCHESTER, VA, MP/EN/SC.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535695
k. CENTCOM DEPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES, USACE EN TASK FORCE DEPUTY COMMANDER (LTC/12A) AND SERGEANT MAJOR (12Z), KUWAIT/IRAQ.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-535719
1. FRAGO 4 (DATA STRATEGY) TO HQDA EXORD 009-16 IPPS-A – INCREMENT II (FINAL). From the IPPS-A Team: This final FRAGO, with updated annexes, supplements the Integrated Personnel and Pay System – Army (IPPS-A) EXORD 009-16 and provides additional guidance to Army functional proponents, select Army Commands (ACOMS), Army Service Component Commands (ASCCs), and Direct Reporting Units (DRUs) that have responsibility to data accuracy and data correctness. FRAGO 4 also includes guidance to functional system owners across the Total Army and the Department of Defense for systems impacted by IPPS-A in order to establish a reliable Authoritative Data Source (ADS) for personnel and pay records. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-521436
2. 2019 US ARMY RETIREMENT PLANNING GUIDE. From Army G-1Retirement Services: The new 2019 US Army Retirement Planning Guide is now available for download. Make sure that you start planning early, “Retirement is a Process…Not an Event.” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-526616
3. AC 1LT AND CW2 PROMOTION ORDERS – OCTOBER 2018. Oct 18 CW2 and 1LT promotion orders have been posted at the following link.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-521532
4. HRC DISTRIBUTION CYCLE 19-02 MARKET WINDOW. From HRC Officer Readiness Division: The Market Window is as a unit tool to systematically convey your interest in officers to OPMD during the cycle. It is your Commander’s opportunity to express a level of interest in officers that have the desired background and skills for your validated requirements. The Market Window opens for all Functional Area Branch Officers on 30 October 2018 and closes on 20 November 2018 and opens for all Basic Branch Officers on 06 December 2018 and closes on 06 January 2019. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-527331
5. INSTALLATION/COMMAND ANNOUNCEMENTS.
a. USAREUR HR UNIVERSITY, WIESBADEN, GERMANY. The USAREUR HR University will conduct classes designed to increase knowledge and proficiency on HR tasks from 5 – 9 November 2018. Classes will focus on Awards and Decorations; Evaluations; FLAGs; Leave Accountability; Meal Entitlement Maintenance Program; Military Personnel Records; Overseas Separations; Personnel Accountability Strength Report (PASR); Promotions; and Unit Command Finance Report (UCFR). Visit the following link for location and registration information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-526637
6. 2018 SOCIETY OF US ARMY FLIGHT SURGEONS ANNUAL AWARDS. Nominations are being solicited for the annual Society of US Army Flight Surgeons awards. This is an excellent opportunity to recognize your aeromedical providers who are contributing so much to your units, both at home station and in deployment settings, in fixed facilities and in the operational environment. The deadline for nominations is 31 January 2019. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-527453
7. RESERVE PAY MESSAGE 18-21, SEP 2018 UNIT PAY REPORTS. The Sep 2018 Unit Commander’s Pay Management Report (UCPMR) and the Sep 2018 Master Military Pay Account (MMPA) 2405 reports are available in RLAS for downloading. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-526696
8. NEW/REVISED PUBLICATIONS. The following new/revised publications have been published on the APD website. If the links provided do not work for you, go to the APD website at the following link and use the search function to look for the new edition. http://www.apd.army.mil/default.aspx.
a. ADP 2-0, 09/04/2018, Intelligence. https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1005492
b. ATP 3-11.36, 09/24/2018, Multi-Service Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures for Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear Planning TRADOC. https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1005625
c. ATP 3-50.21, 09/18/2018, Survival. https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1005316
d. DA PAM 70-3, 09/17/2018, Army Acquisition Procedures ASA (AL&T). https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1005269
e. DA PAM 350-38, 09/28/2018, Standards in Weapons Training. https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1005115
f. DA PAM 381-15, 09/26/2018, Foreign Military Intelligence Collection Activities Program. https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1005359
g. DA PAM 415-3, 09/28/2018, Economic Analysis: Description and Methods. https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1005124
h. DA PAM 600-4, 09/06/2018, Army Medical Department Officer Professional Development and Career Management.https://armypubs.army.mil/ProductMaps/PubForm/Details.aspx?PUB_ID=1004879
9. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. For research purposes, all ALARACTs are posted on AKO at the following link.https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/550282
10. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page athttps://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper. All Military Pay E-Messages are available on the DFAS website at https://dfas4dod.dfas.mil/centers/dfasin/library/milpay.htm.
a. MILPER MESSAGE 18-318, PROFESSOR, UNITED STATES ARMY WAR COLLEGE (USAWC), ISSUED: [10/2/2018 1:06:51 PM]. This message announces officer assignment opportunities in Functional Area 47W (FA 47W—War College Professor) at the United States Army War College (USAWC) at Carlisle Barracks, PA. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-318
b. MILPER MESSAGE 18-319, RESERVE COMPONENT FOREIGN AREA OFFICER ACCESSIONS PANEL, ISSUED: [10/3/2018 7:53:04 AM]. This message provides procedural guidance for the FY19-01 Reserve Component (RC) Foreign Area Officer (FAO) accessions panel. The panel will convene 14-16 November 2018. Functional Area (FA) 48 is a secondary Area of Concentration (AOC) for RC FAO officers. The goal of this program is to contribute to filling critical RC skill shortages in the FAO Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA) program. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-319
c. MILPER MESSAGE 18-320, UNITED STATES ARMY WARRANT OFFICER SELECTION BOARD RESULTS SEPTEMBER 2018, ISSUED: [10/3/2018 10:53:27 AM].https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-320
d. MILPER MESSAGE 18-321, UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE (USAR) WARRANT OFFICER SELECTION BOARD RESULTS SEPTEMBER 2018, ISSUED: [10/3/2018 11:01:36 AM]. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-321
11. S1NET MEMBER/UNIT CONTRIBUTIONS. The following unit/individually developed products or information have been contributed to S1NET for the use and benefit of all members/units. These products have not been reviewed nor sanctioned by TRADOC or the AG School, and may be specific to the unit/component/location.
a. ORDER OF MERIT WORKSHEET. “Does anyone need an Order of Merit (OML) to help you decide who you send to school or a mission between 2 or more equal candidates? Do you need to build up a candidate pool for BWC without voluntold’ing someone? I have attached as a docx so you can modify it, add your unit patch or crest as a watermark.” Contributed by SGM Dirk Livingston. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/thread/204799
12. S1NET MEMBER REQUESTS. The following requests for assistance have been made by S1NET members. If you can help those requesting assistance, please do so.
a. HROC CHIEF DUTY DESCRIPTION. “I am trying to see if anyone has a duty description already created for an HROC Chief? Thanks in advance.”https://www.milsuite.mil/book/thread/204769
13. FORSCOM WORLDWIDE INDIVIDUAL AUGMENTATION SYSTEM (WIAS) REQUIREMENTS. Visit the FORSCOM WIAS topic on S1NET at the following link.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/forscom-wias
a. FORSCOM WIAS HIGH PRIORITY POSITIONS. This post lists positions which are overdue and are critical vacancies. They are considered a priority fill above all of our other requirements due to their overdue status, and we will accommodate a minimum 30 day reporting window for all positions listed. Our full working list of requirements is also attached for full visibility. Please be advised this is a working list that is tasked to our Corps and MSCs and cannot be promised to applicants without a complete packet. We will update this posting bi-weekly to provide the most up to date opportunities. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-502391#comment-542989
14. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-375787. Units/commands who wish to post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message Summary. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/jobannouncementsmobvacancies
a. US ARMY CENTRAL COMMAND (USARCENT), OFFICER, WO AND NCO ADOS VACANCIES AT SHAW AFB, SC AND USARCENT HQ FORWARD.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-526607
b. OFFICER/NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT, VARIOUS POSITIONS, 8/80TH QUARTERMASTER BATTALION, 80TH TRAINING COMMAND THE ARMY SCHOOL SYSTEM (TASS), 94TH TRAINING DIVISION, 1ST BRIGADE, VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN NJ, VA AND PA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-495757
c. ANNOUNCEMENT FOR TROOP PROGRAM UNIT (TPU) POSITIONS WITHIN USAR THEATER SUPPORT GROUP – HONOLULU, HI. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-527035
d. INSPECTOR GENERAL POSITIONS (E8/12X) WITHIN 416 TEC, DARIEN, IL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-503397