The link below for the 42A Enlisted Update for August 2019 is provided by the AG School CMF 42 Proponent Office at Fort Jackson, SC.
When I was stationed on Camp Henry in Daegu (Area 3), South Korea, a Soldier called the Brigade Commander (Colonel) at around 1800 stating that he had not received the rank of PFC. The Brigade Commander then called the Battalion Commander (Lieutenant Colonel) with the Soldier’s issue. The Battalion Commander then called the Battalion Command Sergeant Major (CSM), who then called my S1 NCOIC, who finally called me. At the time I was the Battalion Promotions and Awards Clerk, so I had a lot of promotion certificates to print. After we got off the phone, my NCOIC and I rushed to the S1 Section to see if the Soldier had been selected Yes on the monthly promotion report. The Soldier was indeed circled Yes, so then we checked his Soldier Record Brief on eMILPO to ensure he was promoted to PFC and again yes he was. The only issue remaining was that he did not have a certification of promotion, hence, he wasn’t afforded the opportunity to get formally promoted.
This started a chain reaction with other Privates in the Battalion stating that they had not received their deserved promotion. Immediately afterwards, the Battalion CSM had a virtual meeting with the S1 and all of the Company First Sergeants. The Battalion CSM stressed the importance and significance of Enlisted promotions and the promotion certificate that comes with it.
The Battalion S1 Section worked double time to ensure every deserving Soldier was provided with a promotion certificate. However, the next challenge was having our Companies actually pick up the promotion certificates. In Korea our Companies are dispersed across the entire peninsula, which means they are hours apart from our headquarters by either bus or train. So as part of the S1 Team, I made it a point that whenever we would have Battalion runs, promotion boards, or command and staff at the headquarters, I would ensure there with a DA 200 prepared for promotion certificates and have each Company sign for their respective unit. We killed two birds with one stone by eliminating the need for Companies to travel for hours for maybe only one promotion certificate, although we were assigned to a Transportation Brigade at the time; isn’t that ironic. At the end of the day I got to know a lot of great Soldiers in my grade, and made some lifelong Facebook friends as well.
About the Author: PFC Lakeisha George is currently assigned to the 526th MP Company (Detention) as the Unit PAC Clerk at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. She graduated AG Advanced Individual Training on January, 25, 2018 while assigned to D Company, 369th AG Battalion, Soldier Support Institute, Fort Jackson, SC. PFC George is from San Diego, California and she graduated from the Charter School of San Diego.
1. MYARMYBENEFITS – AER OFFERS $2,500 RE-LICENSING AID FOR SPOUSES. Army Spouses can now apply for reimbursement of up to $2,500 in professional re-licensing expenses through Army Emergency Relief when they move to another state. Last month, top Army officials announced a $500 limit on re-licensing costs for military Spouses for permanent change-of-station moves. However, if additional funds are needed for re-licensing, AER will help offset those costs for eligible Spouses. Visit the following link for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
2. COHORT 2021 DEFENSE COMPTROLLERSHIP PROGRAM (DCP): APPLICATION SUSPENSE EXTENDED TO 4 OCTOBER 2019. The Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller (ASA (FM&C)), Comptroller Proponency Office is now accepting applications for the Cohort 2021 Defense Comptrollership Program (DCP) NLT 4 October 2019. The DCP is a long-term training (LTT) opportunity for Civilians and Military personnel from all services and career programs. The DCP is open to grades GS-11-13. However, GS-14 personnel may apply. Army Military selection priority is for Active and Active Guard Reserve (AGR) officers and NCOs in ranks senior CPT-MAJ, SFC, MSG and junior SGMs. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. AC SENIOR ENLISTED PROMOTIONS BY- NAME, SEQUENCE REPORT AND ORDERS, AUGUST 2019. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
4. AGR (USAR) (SFC-SGM) SENIOR ENLISTED PROMOTION SEQUENCE NUMBER REPORT AND BY-NAME PROMOTIONS LIST, AUGUST 2019. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/
a. ALARACT 053/2019, COMPLIANCE WITH DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE (DOD) AND ARMY POLICIES RELATED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT (LE) RESPONSE TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (DV) INCIDENTS, DTG: R 261525Z JUL 19. The purpose of this message is to provide guidance on complying with DOD and Army policies related to LE response to DV incidents when collecting evidence, conducting interviews, notifying Family Advocacy Personnel (FAP) staff members, and titling and indexing subjects in the Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/
a. MILPER MESSAGE 19-223, FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR) FIRST SERGEANT (1SG) MANAGEMENT PROGRAM SELECT BY-NAME RELEASE, ISSUED: [7/25/2019 3:04:56 PM]. This announcement contains results regarding the AGR First Sergeant (1SG) Management Program panel conducted 9-12 Jul 19. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
b. MILPER MESSAGE 19-224, UNITED STATES ARMY WARRANT OFFICER SELECTION BOARD RESULTS JULY 2019, ISSUED: [7/26/2019 10:10:29 AM]. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
c. MILPER MESSAGE 19-225, UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE (USAR) WARRANT OFFICER SELECTION BOARD RESULTS JULY 2019, ISSUED: [7/26/2019 10:13:49 AM]. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
d. MILPER MESSAGE 19-226, FY20 REGULAR ARMY (RA)/UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE (USAR) ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR) SGM TRAINING AND SELECTION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT MESSAGE, ISSUED: [7/26/2019 10:20:35 AM]. Subject selection board will convene at on 4 Dec 19. This board will consider eligible Soldiers and select the best qualified 1SG/MSG to attend the USASMC for the purpose of promotion to SGM. Selected Soldiers will be scheduled to attend the resident course, class 71 (Aug 20). https://www.hrc.army.mil/
7. S1NET MEMBER REQUESTS. The following requests for assistance have been made by S1NET members. If you can help those requesting assistance, please do so.
a. G1/S1 CONFERENCE. “Planning a command G1/S1 conference in FY20. Soliciting ideas for high value topics and/or products that other commands may have utilized.” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
8. FORSCOM WORLDWIDE INDIVIDUAL AUGMENTATION SYSTEM (WIAS) REQUIREMENTS. Visit the FORSCOM WIAS topic on S1NET at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. FORSCOM WIAS HIGH PRIORITY POSITIONS, UPDATED A/O 29 JUL 19. The positions at the following link are considered a priority fill above all of our other requirements due to their overdue status, and we will accommodate a minimum 30 day reporting window for all positions listed. IAW regulatory guidance, we may accept applicants outside of the grade requirements listed i.e. E4 for E5, O4 for O3, etc. Tour lengths may be negotiable depending on the mission (i.e. 365 broken down to 180) and theater concurrence. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
9. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. NATIONAL GUARD BUREAU (NGB), JA-OFFICE OF COMPLEX INVESTIGATIONS, ADOS POSITION, LTC-COL, LEGAL ADVISOR. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. 28TH ECAB & EASTERN ARMY AVIATION TRAINING SITE – MULTIPLE AV O3 15B/15D M-DAY VACANCIES, PAARNG. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. 339TH MP CO (WSK2AA) TPU AND AGR VACANCIES, DAVENPORT, IA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. WI ARMY NATIONAL GUARD, AGR, 2LT-CPT / 74AR1, SURVEY TEAM MEMBER, 54TH (WMD) CIVIL SUPPORT TEAM, MADISON, WI. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
e. MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE MOS VACANCIES (ENL/WO/OFF) 3100TH SIG, JBMDL, NJ AND RESTON, VA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
f. JTF-NORTH FY 20 ADOS-RC JOINT OPERATIONS COMMAND CENTER SUPPORT ANNOUNCEMENT, E5-E8 / O-1/O-4, EL PASO, TX. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
g. TOUR OF DUTY POSITIONS, SSG/SFC 36B/35F, 2D POG, TWINSBURG, OH. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
h. 620TH CSSB OFFICER VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS, ST LOUIS, MO. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/