If you are planning to submit someone for an AGCRA award, here are some Do’s & Don’ts to help you through the approval process:
1. Too many AGCRA award recommendations are submitted on non-members or people who started a membership application but didn’t complete it. Individuals submitting awards should ensure that the nominee’s Association membership is current. You can check the nominee’s membership by e-mailing Membership@agcra.com or Awards@agcra.com. Awards are delayed when there are membership issues that need to be resolved prior to the award presentation date.
2. The Horatio Gates Bronze Medal requires significant contributions to AGCRA over an extended period of time. The Gates Gold requires extraordinary contributions over an extended period of time. When AGCRA contributions (e.g., serving as a Chapter Officer, lead / organizer for Chapter or Association events (examples – AG Ball, Breakfast, Luncheon)) is not mentioned in a Gates Medal recommendation, the award will not be approved by the National Executive Council (NEC).
3. Award timeline submission – the earlier the award is submitted, the easier it is and less expensive it is to process. Once received, processing the award, reviewing to ensure it meets all criteria, verifying membership, and getting it voted by the NEC takes time. Approved awards with medals and certificates are not shipped until payment is received.
4. When all requirements are met, the award certificate is prepared, and the medal is assembled and packaged for mailing. First Class and Priority postage is included in the cost of the award. If expedited postage is needed because of a late submission, the recommender submitting the award pays for the additional postage.
5. Every March through July is our awards busy season. Please submit early!
POC for the AGCRA Awards Program can be reached at Awards@agcra.com.
1. YOU ASKED, WE ANSWERED! IPPS-A’s TOP FAQs. The attached briefing provides the answers to the most asked questions about IPPS-A’s functionality, provisioning, training and deployment, and infrastructure. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-493491
2. FORSCOM WORLD WIDE INDIVIDUAL AUGMENTEE SYSTEM (WIAS) TEAM REQUESTING MULTIPLE VOLUNTEERS FOR DEPLOYMENT (2018). From the FORSCOM WIAS Team: Our team is recruiting for the following: 15T – E4/E6, 15P – E5, 15D – O3/O4, 131A – W1/W4, 153D – W1/W4, 154C – W1/W4, 153A – W1/W4 and 151A – W1/W4. Visit the following link for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-492880
3. FY19 REGULAR ARMY (RA), CAREER MANAGEMENT FIELD (CMF) 38 FIRST SERGEANT (1SG) SELECTION BOARD. The FY19 CMF 38 1SG Selection board is scheduled to convene at Fort Knox, KY, on 5 Sep 18, to consider and select RA CMF 38 NCOs to serve as a Company 1SG in FY19 (1 October 2018 – 30 September 2019). This board will consider all eligible 38B NCOs in the pay grade of E-7(P) and E-8. Soldiers must update their Soldier Record Brief (SRB) NLT 24 August 2018. NCOs have no option to opt-out of consideration for this board and all NCOs meeting the established eligibility criteria will be considered. Visit the following link for more information.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-493563
4. ARMOR AND CAVALRY LEADERSHIP AWARD. The Office of The Chief of Armor is now accepting submissions for the FY18 Unit level Armor and Cavalry Leadership Award (formerly the Draper Leadership Award). The Award recognizes the most outstanding Armor Company and Cavalry Troop of each Division. The unit award is presented on an annual basis to a deserving organization selected by the Division or Regimental Commander, in accordance with USAARMS Pamphlet 360-4 Armor & Cavalry Leadership Award.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/message/773108
5. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. For research purposes, all ALARACTs are posted on AKO at the following link.https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/550282
a. ALARACT 060/2018, 2017 ARMY OPERATIONS SECURITY (OPSEC) AWARD WINNERS, DTG: R 261320Z JUL 18. This ALARACT announces the OPSEC award winners for calendar year 2017. Army OPSEC achievement awards recognize significant OPSEC accomplishments of Army personnel and organizations, for their creative and innovative application of techniques, or methods, to solve problems related to OPSEC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-493550
b. ALARACT 061/2018, CALENDAR YEAR 2018 CHIEF OF STAFF, ARMY, LOGISTICS EXCELLENCE AWARDS PROGRAM WINNERS AND RUNNERS-UP, DTG: R 261637Z JUL 18. This message announces the winners and runners-up of the fiscal year 2017 Army Award for Maintenance Excellence (AAME), Deployment Excellence Award (DEA), and Supply Excellence Award (SEA) Programs. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-493573
c. ALARACT 063/2018, 2018 MANEUVER CENTER OF EXCELLENCE MANEUVER WARFIGHTER CONFERENCE, DTG: R 271450Z JUL 18. The U.S. Army Maneuver Center of Excellence (MCOE) will conduct the 2018 Maneuver Warfighter Conference (MWFC) at Fort Benning, Georgia, from 11-13 September 2018. The purpose of the 2018 MWFC is to provide a comprehensive forum to address current and future issues affecting the warfighting capability, training, and lethality of the Maneuver force.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-493578
d. ALARACT 064/2018, INSTALLATION ACCESS CONTROL, DTG: R 271750Z JUL 18. The purpose of this message is to continue Army use of the procedures prescribed in DOD DTM 09-012, Interim Policy Guidance for DOD Physical Access Control. The Army has operated under DTM 09-012 since 2009. Despite its expiration, the Army will continue to observe its procedures as the Army standard operating procedure for installation access control until it is replaced by DOD or Army policy.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-493579
6. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page athttps://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper. All Military Pay E-Messages are available on the DFAS website at https://dfas4dod.dfas.mil/centers/dfasin/library/milpay.htm.
a. MILPER MESSAGE 18-242, AMENDMENT TO FISCAL YEAR (FY) 2019 INTERSERVICE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT TRAINING PROGRAM APPLICATION, ISSUED: [7/27/2018 9:50:34 AM]. For clarification, MILPER Message 18-233, paragraph 4 b. (3) is being amending to add “g. 6 semester hours of Humanities.” https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-242
b. MILPER MESSAGE 18-243, FY20 COLONEL (COL) FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & COMPTROLLER (FM&C) KEY DESIGNATED BILLET (KDB) SELECTION PANEL, ISSUED: [7/27/2018 10:01:12 AM]. The Financial Management and Comptroller (FM&C) Key Designated Billet (KDB) Selection Panel will convene on 29 August 2018 to consider nominations for projected Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20) KDB positions. This is the second iteration of the COL FM&C KDB Selection Panel and has replaced the Colonel Army Competitive Category Centralized Selection List (CSL) -Command/Key Billet Board for Finance Officers (36A). The KDB Selection Panel Selection Panel is an “opt-in” Selection Panel.https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-243
c. MILPER MESSAGE 18-244, SYNCHRONOUS DISTRIBUTED LEARNING (SDL) ILE COMMON CORE COURSE PILOT, ISSUED: [7/30/2018 9:19:21 AM]. This message announces the procedures to apply for the AY19 Command and General Staff College – Department of Distance Education (CGSC-DDE) Synchronous Distributed Learning (SDL) Intermediate Level Education (ILE) Common Core course pilot for non-resident CGSOC students. The course is a hybrid course which combines the interaction and fixed pace advantages of resident course with the easy access, low cost availability of self-paced Online learning. The new course option consists of an eight month online module including instructor led and self-study lessons, and a 14-day resident capstone event scheduled for 17-30 June, 2019, at Fort Leavenworth, KS. Students will complete this career progression, ILE Common Core course in only 9 months. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-493499
d. MILPER MESSAGE 18-245, AC OFFICER FIRST LIEUTENANT (1LT) PROMOTIONS, ISSUED: [7/30/2018 9:13:37 AM]. The requirement to place Special Branch and Army Competitive Category (ACC) first lieutenants (1LT) on separate promotion scrolls caused an unusual delay in the promotion orders for all 1LTs with automatic promotions beginning 1 Jul 18. In addition to 1LT promotion orders being late, we also anticipate this delay will continue through Aug and Sep 2018 promotions. Once the promotion scrolls are approved by the Secretary of Defense and received in our office, the date of rank for all 1LTs will be adjusted to the date the officer obtained 18 months time in grade. Officers will also receive all back pay and allowances. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/promotions_officers/officer_promotion_orders
7. AG CORPS/OTHER BRANCH ITEMS.
a. AGCRA AWARD RECOMMENDATIONS. During the period 1-21 August 2018, please send all AGCRA Award recommendations to Ms. Barb Bishop @ firstname.lastname@example.org. CW5 (R) Dave Ratliff will be unavailable during this time, and all requests should be sent to Ms. Bishop at the aforementioned email address. If necessary, Ms. Bishop will provide a phone number and USPS mailing address as needed. Thank you for your patience and cooperation! https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-493386
8. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-375787. Units/commands who wish to post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message Summary. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/jobannouncementsmobvacancies
a. MEDCOM HQs, SOLDIER TRANSITION BRANCH PATIENT ADMIN 68G3, SSG, 1 YEAR TOUR, FORT SAM HOUSTON, TX. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-492750
b. OPEN POSITIONS (COL/LTC, O1A) 80TH TC, NORTH CHESTERFIELD, VA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-493145