1. 2021 DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY CAREER ENGAGEMENT SURVEY (DACES) REPORT. From the Army Talent Management Task Force: In case you missed it, the Army released the 2021 Department of the Army Career Engagement Survey (DACES) Report. DACES is a customized anonymous survey, with questions tailored to the individual Soldier based on their responses to previous questions. Army leaders will be able to utilize the aggregated survey results, available at https://talent.army.mil/daces/
2. JOINT TRAVEL REGULATION (JTR) UPDATE, MISCELLANEOUS REIMBURSABLE EXPENSES. This JTR change updates Table 2-24, Rule 6 to specify that charges for immunizations, inoculations, and testing may be reimbursed if not available through a federal dispensary, medical treatment facility, or if the traveler’s insurance does not cover the costs. For civilian employees, GSA has determined that during permanent change of station travel, the Miscellaneous Expense Allowance (MEA) covers these expenses. Table 2-24 Rule 6 reflects this determination from GSA. Change effective 1 Dec (when published in JTR). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. REFLECT ON THE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE TO CREATE POSITIVE EMOTIONS. From Army resilience Directorate: Positive emotions broaden our awareness and allow us to take in and process more information. As a result, we are able to think more flexibly and creatively, examine problems more thoroughly from multiple angles, and take other people’s perspectives more easily. This enables us to interact with our environments in fuller and more nuanced ways. We can benefit from deliberately cultivating positive emotions, both in ourselves and in those we love. Visit the following link for some ways you can increase the positive emotions you experience throughout your day. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
4. RESIDENT MILITARY TRAINING PROMOTION POINT YES/NO STATUS, UPDATED 24 NOVEMBER 2021. HRC Enlisted Promotions has updated the course list to inform Soldiers of those courses which are valid for points at 4 points per week (40 hours), and those which are not. Information is also provided to reinforce policy for awarding points for resident training courses, Soldier training courses listed in AR 350-1, computer based training, and PME academic achievements. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. CHANGE TO RESIDENT MILITARY EDUCATION YES-NO LIST – LIGHT WHEELED VEHICLE = MILITARY EDUCATION COURSE CODE (MCRDCC) – ESM. From HRC Enlisted Promotions Branch: During a recent inquiry from the field, it was discovered Soldiers are erroneously receiving promotion points for the Military Education Course Code (MCRDCC) – ESM, which represents the course name “Light Wheeled Vehicle” which used to be a two (02) week course offered from 2008 through 2013 in Vilseck, Germany. That two week course is not authorized points because it is considered a Troop School. The only authorized Troop Schools that receive promotion points, are courses outlined in MILPER Message 13-212, dated 09 August 2013, and MILPER Message 15-264, dated 27 August 2015. Subsequent to this discovery, the course was changed from a “YES” to receiving promotion points to a “NO” not authorized promotion points. This change will result in a reduction of promotion points on Soldiers whom have this MCRDCC – ESM on their eMILPO (SRB) record. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. NEW/REVISED PUBLICATIONS. The following new/revised ARs, DA Pams, ADPs, ADRPs, ATPs, ATTPs, FMs and TCs have been published on the APD website during the past month. If the links provided do not work for you, go to the APD website at the following link and use the search function to look for the new edition. https://armypubs.army.mil/
a. AR 601-208, 11/10/2021, The Army Marketing Program. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
b. ATP 3-04.13, 11/9/2021, Helicopter and Small Aircraft Battle Damage Assessment, Repair, and Recovery. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
c. ATP 3-05.71, 11/15/2021, (U) Army Special Operations Forces Resistance and Escape (C//REL TO USA, FVEY). https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
d. ATP 4-35.1, 11/8/2021, Ammunition and Explosives Handler Safety Techniques. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
e. ATP 4-90.5, 11/2/2021, Logistics Platoon Leader. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
f. ATP 5-19, 11/9/2021, Risk Management. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
g. ATP 6-02.12, 11/17/2021, Department of Defense Information Network-Army Planning Techniques. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
h. DA PAM 601-208, 11/10/2021, Army Marketing. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
i. FM 3-81, 11/9/2021, Maneuver Enhancement Brigade. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
j. TC 3-57.51, 11/23/2021, Civil Preparation of The Battlefield. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
k. TC 25-8, 11/2/2021, Training Ranges. https://armypubs.army.mil/Prod
7. Recently published DOD and Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/defa
8. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
a. MILPER MESSAGE 21-448, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR RESERVE COMPONENT OFFICERS REQUESTING TO DEFER PROMOTION CONSIDERATION (OPT OUT) FROM THE FISCAL YEAR 2022 RESERVE COMPONENT CAPTAIN ARMY MEDICAL DEPARTMENT PROMOTION SELECTION BOARD (FY22 RC CPT AMEDD PSB), ISSUED: [11/30/2021 11:45:09 AM]. This message describes the specific eligibility criteria to allow Reserve Component (RC) officers to defer promotion consideration for (Opt Out of) the FY22 RC CPT AMEDD PSB. This only applies to officers in the Primary Zone. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
b. MILPER MESSAGE 21-449, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR RESERVE COMPONENT OFFICERS REQUESTING TO DEFER PROMOTION CONSIDERATION (OPT OUT) FROM THE FISCAL YEAR 2022 RESERVE COMPONENT MAJOR ARMY MEDICAL DEPARTMENT PROMOTION SELECTION BOARD (FY22 RC MAJ AMEDD PSB), ISSUED: [11/30/2021 11:48:24 AM]. This message describes the specific eligibility criteria to allow Reserve Component (RC) officers to defer promotion consideration for (Opt Out of) the FY22 RC MAJ AMEDD PSB. This only applies to officers in the Primary Zone. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
c. MILPER MESSAGE 21-450, AMENDMENT TO THE FISCAL YEAR 2022 (FY22) ACTIVE COMPONENT (AC), COLONEL (COL), CHAPLAIN CORPS (CH), PROMOTION SELECTION BOARD (PSB) ZONES OF CONSIDERATION, ISSUED: [11/30/2021 11:50:46 AM]. See the message for changes. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
d. MILPER MESSAGE 21-451, OFFICIAL RELEASE OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2022 (FY22) REGULAR ARMY (RA)/U.S. ARMY RESERVE ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (USAR AGR) U.S. ARMY SERGEANTS MAJOR COURSE (USASMC), CLASS 73 SELECTION LIST, ISSUED: [11/30/2021 11:54:21 AM]. On 1 December 2021, 0730 EST, the results of the Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22) Regular Army (RA) and U.S. Army Reserve Active Guard Reserve (USAR AGR) U.S. Army Sergeants Major Course (USASMC) training selection list will be posted to the U.S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC) website. Upon posting to the HRC website, this selection list constitutes official notification of permanent change of station (PCS) assignment instructions (AI) to attend the USASMC. Soldiers selected must comply or, if eligible, request retirement in lieu of PCS, however, approval is not automatic. Retirement actions must be received no later than 31 December 2021. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
e. MILITARY PAY E-MESSAGE 21-048, FY22 CYBER ASSIGNMENT INCENTIVE PAY (AIP) FOR U.S. ARMY CYBER COMMAND. The purpose of this message is to inform all of the FY22 Cyber Assignment Incentive Pay (AIP) for U.S.
Army Cyber Command. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
f. MILITARY PAY E-MESSAGE 21-049, FY22 REMOTE AND AUSTERE CONDITIONS ASSIGNMENT INCENTIVE PAY (RAC-AIP). The purpose of this message is to inform all of the extension of the Remote and Austere Assignment Incentive Pay (RAC-AIP) Program for Fiscal Year 2022 effective October 1, 2021. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
9. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 24 NOV 21). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. J3 JOINT OPS CENTER CHIEF (11A) in the grade of O5 (LTC). Location: AL Udeid AB.
b. WIAS Account Manager at FORSCOM HQ at Fort Bragg, NC. All components may apply, E5-E7 00G MOS Immaterial with a Secret Clearance.
c. HUMINT Collector located at Djibouti. Only Active Duty with Official Passport may apply, E4-E6 35M with a Top Secret clearance.
d. Communications NCO located at Fort Bragg, NC. Open to all Components (E6 25B) with TS/SCI.
10. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE AIDE-DE-CAMP (ADC) TO THE COMMANDING GENERAL (CG) (CPT/BI), 76TH OPERATIONAL RESPONSE COMMAND (ORC), SALT LAKE CITY, UT. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. 3301ST USAR MOB SPT BN, FORT RICHARDSON, AK, MULTIPLE TPU VACANCIES. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. IMMEDIATE AR-MEDCOM CONUS MOBILIZATION OPPORTUNITY FOR A 67F OPTOMETRY – FT HOOD, TX. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/