Happy New Year!!
1. 2ND ANNUAL ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR. SGM Derek D. Johnson, Deputy Chief of Staff G-1 SGM, cordially invites you to attend the 2nd Annual Enlisted Professional Development Seminar to be held 25 Jan 19, 0900-1300, at Wood Theater, Fort Belvoir, VA. All Enlisted Members of all components are invited to learn about the current/future changes in promotions, how to stay competitive, understanding how the Army runs, and Leader and Professional Development. RSVP’s are requested from those attending. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
2. Some New Year’s Reminders.
a. MAINTAINING AN ACTIVE S1NET ACCOUNT. To maintain an active S1NET account you must log on at least once every 12 months. If you don’t log on over a 12 month period you will have your account disabled by the milSuite administrators with no notification to you. Disabled accounts do not receive the S1NET Message Summaries, so if you stop receiving messages it is probably due to your inactivity on milSuite. It’s an easy fix, just log back on to reactivate your account. If you can’t remember the last time you logged on, do so now to prevent your account from being disabled. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. UPDATING YOUR MILSUITES PROFILE, eMAIL, OR PHONE NUMBER. Need to check your profile to see if your rank is correct, what email you have, your duty phone? Might need to change it? Follow the instructions at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. S1NET INTRODUCTION/HISTORY AND BASIC USER GUIDE. Need some help on how to navigate S1NET and post documents and discussions? The guide at the following link will help you. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. SOPs AND REFERENCES. We maintain a library of samples in the SOPs and References topic at the following link. Sub-topics contain samples of ceremonies/functions/events, counseling samples and tools, memo/letter/4187 samples, policy memo’s, and SOPs. Feel free to browse what is available. If you can’t find what you are looking for, post a request and we will see if another member can help you with a sample. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
e. TOOLS (POWERPOINT, EXCEL, ACCESS). This topic contains tools (PowerPoint Briefs, Excel Worksheets, and Access Databases) which have been contributed by the membership to possibly assist other members. If you find these tools to be helpful, please use them. If you improve upon them, please donate your product back to S1NET. Sub-topics contain tools to assist in many areas such as orders, APFT score trackers, Duty Rosters, tracking spreadsheets and databases, additional duty lists and tools, classes, etc. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/
4. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/
a. MILPER MESSAGE 18-406, FY 2019 ARMY SOCIAL WORK INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (SWIP) APPLICATION PROCEDURES, ISSUED: [12/27/2018 1:29:19 PM]. This message solicits applications for the FY 2019 Army Social Work Internship Program (SWIP). USAREC will convene a competitive accession board on 25 June 2019 to consider qualified applicants for selection and accession as Army Social Workers. The program is a 26-month post graduate internship conducted at an Army medical treatment facility, designed to allow graduates with a Master’s of Social Work degree from an accredited university to meet independent practitioner licensing requirements for most states. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
b. MILPER MESSAGE 18-407, RELEASE OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) ACTIVE COMPONENT (AC), MAJOR (MAJ), OPERATIONS (OPS), OPERATIONS SUPPORT (OS), FORCE SUSTAINMENT (FS), AND INFORMATION DOMINANCE (ID) PROMOTION SELECTION BOARDS (PSB), ISSUED: [12/28/2018 9:26:15 AM]. This Message announces the release of the results of the FY18, AC, MAJ, OPS, OS, FS, and ID PSB. The prepositioning release date is 3 Jan 19. This information is “CLOSE HOLD” until the official release date. The official promotion lists will be released at 0730 hours, EST, 8 Jan 19. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
5. S1NET MEMBER/UNIT CONTRIBUTIONS. The following unit/individually developed products or information have been contributed to S1NET for the use and benefit of all members/units. These products have not been reviewed nor sanctioned by TRADOC or the AG School, and may be specific to the unit/component/location.
a. SECURITY QUICK REFERENCE SHEET. “Security Quick Reference Sheet sample of a one-page slide that I use at Fort Benning. Update recommendations are welcome!” Contributed by Mr. Alex Turkatte. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. AWARDS PERMANENT ORDERS LOG AND DA FORM 4612. “For you HR Toolbox: Permanent Orders Log for Awards–automatically compiles the DA Form 4612s for Awards Roll-Up and Annual Awards Report.” Contributed by SSG John Simmons. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. FORSCOM WORLDWIDE INDIVIDUAL AUGMENTATION SYSTEM (WIAS) REQUIREMENTS. Visit the FORSCOM WIAS topic on S1NET at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. FORSCOM WIAS HIGH PRIORITY POSITIONS. We continue to recruit all Army component Soldiers for missions around the globe. All positions are open to all Army Components unless otherwise specified. This post lists positions which are overdue and are critical vacancies. They are considered a priority fill above all of our other requirements due to their overdue status, and we will accommodate a minimum 30 day reporting window for all positions listed. Our full working list of requirements is also attached for full visibility. Please be advised this is a working list that is tasked to our Corps and MSCs and cannot be promised to applicants without a complete packet. We will update this posting bi-weekly to provide the most up to date opportunities. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
7. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. 335TH SIGNAL COMMAND (THEATER) (SC) (T) WARRANT OFFICERS TROOP PROGRAM UNIT (TPU) VACANCIES, VARIOUS LOCATIONS COAST TO COAST. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/