1. ALARACT 101/2020, URGENT ALARACT 101/2020 – CONSOLIDATED PERSONNEL POLICY GUIDANCE IN SUPPORT OF CONDITIONS-BASED PHASED APPROACH TO ARMY-WIDE PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 OUTBREAK (FOUO), DTG: R 091925Z DEC 20. This ALARACT replaces ALARACT 054/2020, which is now inactive, and, provides updated consolidated personnel travel guidance to Army Commands, Army Service Component Commands, and Direct Reporting Units in support of the conditions-based phased approach to support Army-wide preparedness and response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Included with this ALARACT are a sample DA Form 4187 waiver request, sample restricted movement exemption memo, and COVID PCS Process Map. Key points in this ALARACT: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-911258
a. TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CATEGORIES. There are four travel authorization categories under the current COVID-19 conditions based environment: exempt, unrestricted, restricted, and waivered. See the message for explanations and situations covered by each category.
b. WAIVER APPROVAL AUTHORITY. For personnel currently assigned under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Army (SA), waiver approval authority may be delegated, in writing, to a level no lower than an appropriate officer in the grade of O-6 or a civilian equivalent in an individual’s chain of command or chain of supervision. The Vice Chief of Staff of the Army remains the only waiver approval authority for general officer PCS travel. For personnel not currently under the jurisdiction of the SA, the approval authorities are listed in para 4.A.4.D.2. of this message.
c. TRAVEL ORDERS. To facilitate travel requirements across multiple agencies, commands, personnel reassignment work centers or unit S1s will appropriately document any waiver or exemption used to authorize travel. If a travel order has already been published, or when it is not practical to publish the special instructions on the PCS or TDY order, then the traveler may use a signed memorandum from their unit leadership that states the reason for the exemption or a signed waiver. Documentation is not required for travel between areas designated as unrestricted.
d. TDY TRAVEL GUIDANCE. Individuals requesting TDY travel will submit their request using established command procedures. The request must include justification for travel, a statement acknowledging adherence to FHP guidance, and identify the travel authorization category. If the TDY travel authorization category is exempt or unrestricted, then the TDY may be approved through established command channels. If the TDY travel authorization category is restricted, then travel may not continue unless a waiver is requested and approved.
e. PCS TRAVEL GUIDANCE. Individuals with a previously approved PCS waiver may continue reassignment processing and proceed to the new duty location IAW orders and any special instructions. Personnel reassignment work centers in receipt of U.S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC) assignment instructions, requests for orders, or orders for Soldiers scheduled to PCS to a new PDS will determine the travel authorization category (and proceed accordingly IAW the instructions in this message).
f. RESTRICTED TRAVEL WAIVERS. Soldiers and DACs may request a waiver to continue movement for humanitarian reasons (such as compassionate reassignment), for extreme hardship (such as shipment of HHG or loss of housing), or because they are deemed mission essential by the gaining unit.
2. ARMY TALENT MANAGEMENT TASK FORCE (ATMTF) WEEKLY SITREP 1-7 DEC 2020. This SITREP provides updates on. Army Talent Management Spirit Videos, Senate Armed Services Committee-Professional Staff Members Update, Alternate Promotion Authority, 1SG Talent Alignment Assessment (1SG TAA), The Department of the Army Career Engagement Survey (DACES), Army Coaching Program, Knowledge, Skills, & Behaviors (KSBs), and Brevet Promotions. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-910473
3. ARMY RESERVE PAY MESSAGE 20-38, DELAY IN PAYMENT OF BONUSES QUALIFYING FOR COMBAT ZONE TAX EXCLUSION (CZTE). Bonus payments, whether lump sum or paid in installments, are exempt from Federal and State taxes if the Soldier reenlisted with a bonus while in a designated combat zone. Due to limitations of the Reserve pay system (DJMS-RC), taxes are withheld from CZTE qualified bonus payments. After payment, the USAR Pay Center (UPC) notifies DFAS to refund the taxes. DFAS normally processes the refund within 2-3 weeks. Read more at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-910968
4. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper. All Military Pay E-Messages are available on milBook at https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/milpaye-messages.
a. MILPER MESSAGE 20-413, AGR OFFICER PROMOTION NUMBERS FOR JANUARY 2021, ISSUED: [12/9/2020 8:46:33 AM]. This message announces the USAR AGR officer promotion numbers for January 2021. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/20-413
b. MILPER MESSAGE 20-414, FISCAL YEAR 2021 (FY21) JUDGE ADVOCATE (JA) WARRANT OFFICER ACCESSIONS BOARD RESULTS, ISSUED: [12/10/2020 10:00:45 AM]. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/20-414
c. MILPER MESSAGE 20-415, FY22 COLONEL (COL) FINANCE AND COMPTROLLER (FC) KEY DESIGNATED BILLET (KDB) SELECTION PANEL RESULTS RELEASE, ISSUED: [12/10/2020 10:01:58 AM]. This message announces the release of the FY22 Colonel (COL) Finance and Comptroller (FC) Branch Key Designated Billet (KDB) Selection Panel. On 10 December 2020, the FY22 COL FC KDB by-name list was publicly released through the HRC, Financial Management Branch webpage at https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Financial%20Management%20Branch.
d. MILPER MESSAGE 20-416, CONSOLIDATED EXCEPTIONS TO POLICY CONCERNING ENLISTED PROMOTIONS DURING THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK, ISSUED: [12/10/2020 1:19:18 PM]. The DCS, G-1 has extended, as an exception to policy, the ability for Bn Cdrs to utilize virtual boards or to rely on the Bn CSM to make recommendations regarding promotion of enlisted Soldiers. Also, established expiration dates regarding award of promotion points for weapons, civilian certifications/re-certifications, and the DLPT are suspended. This exception remains valid for one year unless sooner rescinded. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-911260
e. MILPER MESSAGE 20-417, RESERVE COMPONENT FOREIGN AREA OFFICER ACCESSIONS PANEL RELEASE, ISSUED: [12/10/2020 1:23:19 PM]. This message announces the official release of the FY 21 Fall Reserve Component Foreign Area Officer Accessions Panel results. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/20-417
f. MILPER MESSAGE 20-418, AMENDMENT TO MILPER MESSAGE NUMBER 20-403, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR OFFICERS REQUESTING CONSIDERATION TO OPT IN TO THE FISCAL YEAR 2021 (FY21) LIEUTENANT COLONEL (LTC) ARMY MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (AMEDD) PROMOTION SELECTION BOARD (PSB), ISSUED: [12/10/2020 2:16:16 PM]. See the message for changes. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/20-418
g. MILPER MESSAGE 20-419, AMENDMENT TO MILPER MESSAGE NUMBER 20-404, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR OFFICERS REQUESTING TO DEFER PROMOTION CONSIDERATION (OPT OUT) FROM THE FY21 LTC AMEDD PSB, ISSUED: [12/10/2020 2:17:39 PM]. Paragraph 6b is amended to change the Primary Zone of consideration for the Army Medical Specialist Corps as follows: Army Medical Specialist Corps: 1 February 2015 thru 31 October 2015. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/20-419
h. ARMY MILITARY PAY E-MESSAGE 20-068, SITW LES REMARK (DECEMBER 2020 – FEBRUARY 2021). The purpose of this message is to provide information on the SITW LES Remark. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-910198
5. S1NET MEMBER REQUESTS. The following requests for assistance have been made by S1NET members. If you can help those requesting assistance, please do so.
a. (USAR) PROMOTION AUTHORITY MEMORANDUM FOR JUNIOR ENLISTED PROMOTION BOARD, (ARMY RESERVE – TPU). “On the USAR PAG Junior Enlisted checklist it requires a “Promotion Authority Memorandum”. Does anyone have a sample memo they can share with me?” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/message/912230
b. SOCIAL MEDIA WHILE DEPLOYED. “Does anyone have a sample memo stating limitations on Soldiers using certain social media platforms (like TikTok) while deployed?” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/thread/245807
6. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 4 DEC 20). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/forscom-wias
7. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-375787. Units/commands who wish to post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message Summary. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/jobannouncementsmobvacancies
a. 221ST PUBLIC AFFAIRS DETACHMENT (USAR), TPU, PUBLIC AFFAIRS VACANCIES, KAISERSLAUTERN, GERMANY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-910381
b. 275TH QM CO OFF/NCO TPU VACANCIES. FORT PICKETT, VA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/message/911804
c. PATIENT ADMIN NCO 68G SGT/E-5, FORT STEWART SOLDIER RECOVERY UNIT. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-910585
d. 1SG VACANCY, 374TH FMSU IN NEWARK, DE. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-910642
e. 368TH ENGINEER BATTALION, TPU, MULTIPLE OFFICER VACANCIES: (2) COMPANY COMMAND/01A, (1EA) COMPANY XO/88A, PLATOON LEADER/92A, MAINTENANCE CONTROL OFFICER/91A; NEW HAMPSHIRE/MASSACHUSETTS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-910967
f. VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE EXECUTIVE OFFICER, 3RD MOBILIZATION SUPPORT GROUP, JOINT BASE ELMENDORF-RICHARDSON, ALASKA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-911024
g. USARPAC (HAWAII) IMA PROGRAM VACANCIES. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-911235