1. ESTABLISHMENT OF THE ARMY WOMEN’S INITIATIVES TEAM, 15 DEC 22. From the Secretary of the Army: Effective immediately, I establish the Army Women’s Initiatives Team. The team will report to and receive direction from the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) to advocate for Army policy, program, and resource changes to set conditions for women’s recruitment, retention, readiness, health, well-being, empowerment, and advancement across the Total Army. The team will bring together representatives from across the Total Army to study issues, develop actionable policy changes, and make recommendation(s) to Army Senior Leaders pertaining to women in the Army. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
2. OCCUPATIONAL PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT TEST (OPAT) GUIDANCE FOR RECLASSIFICATION OF IN-SERVICE ENLISTED SOLDIERS, 7 DEC 22. From the Army G-1: The Occupational Physical Assessment Test (OPAT) is not required for the reclassification of in-service Enlisted Soldiers. The Army will use the Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT) to screen in-service Enlisted Soldiers on their ability to succeed in the assigned MOS. Soldiers are required to have a minimum passing ACFT score to qualify for reclassification into a new or additional Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). This guidance does not prohibit proponents from specifying additional physical qualifications such as wearing a bomb suit while performing mission related functions. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. HQDA EXORD 225-21 (FRAGO 36) COVID-19 STEADY STATE OPERATIONS (CUI), DTG: 052256Z JAN 23. This FRAGO rescinds para 3.D.29 of FRAGO 35. Para 3.D.29. stated that “The FY2023 NDAA does not address the Secretary of Defense’s directive regarding COVID-19 vaccination for members of the national guard and ready reserve (Annex AAAA). Commands will continue to adhere to Annex AAAA and to paragraphs 3.D.21-3.D.23 unless and until Annex AAAA is superseded or rescinded by the Secretary of Defense.” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
4. (USAR) FRAGMENTARY ORDER 018 (UPDATED GUIDANCE) TO OPERATION ORDER 21-075 UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE COMMAND (USARC) MANDATORY CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) VACCINATION PROGRAM (CUI), DTG: 062100ZJAN23. Key points in this FRAGORD: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. (CHANGE) The James M. Inhofe National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 23, enacted on 23 Dec 22, requires that the Department of Defense rescind the COVID-19 Vaccination Order (Secretary of Defense Memorandum; Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination of DoD Service Members, dated 21 AUG 21) no later than 30 days after the enactment. The Department of Defense is reviewing its comprehensive approach to protect the health and readiness of the military and civilian workforce. Commands will immediately suspend processing and initiating involuntary enlisted separation and officer elimination actions that are based solely on a Soldier’s refusal to comply with the DoD COVID-19 vaccination order. Commands will continue to adhere to other previously published policies regarding the Army’s response to COVID-19 pending further guidance.
b. (ADD) Until the Secretary of Defense (SECDEF) publishes new guidance (NLT 23 JAN 23), all current Phase 1 policies remain in place, i.e., COVID-19 unvaccinated (refusers) Soldiers are NOT authorized to receive pay or retirement points, NOT permitted to travel without an approved ETP, and refusers WILL remain flagged, etc.
c. (CHANGE) Phase 2: HQDA Guidance on Involuntary Separations for COVID-19 vaccine refusers. (Separations suspended pending further guidance).
5. IPPS-A CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (CRM) USER MANUAL V4 REVISED – 2, 14 DEC 22. IPPS-A Customer Relationship Management (CRM) provides HR Professionals, Army Leadership and Soldiers with a tiered traceable customer support software capability that ties the Army, Regular Army (RA), Army National Guard (ARNG), and United States Army Reserve (USAR) together from the lowest echelon to the Army Human Resource Center (HRC), enabling faster and more accurate support. It allows for timely resolution of Members HR/Pay issues in a transparent environment. IPPS-A CRM provides Soldiers with 24-Hour a day self-service access ability to browse FAQs and Solutions, initiate cases, and track the status of their Cases. It provides HR Professional the ability to manage and track the status of their Soldier’s cases, track and resolve HR Cases more efficiently, and generate reports. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. U.S. ARMY RESERVE (USAR) TROOP PROGRAM UNIT (TPU) SGT THROUGH SGM PROMOTION AND EVALUATION BOARD POLICY AND PROCEDURES, 4 JAN 23. This memorandum provides guidance regarding the USAR TPU Enlisted Promotion and Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) Evaluation Boards. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
7. SUPPLEMENT TO CALENDAR YEAR 2023 (CY23) NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (NCO) PROMOTIONS, 3 JAN 23. This memo from the Army G-1 provides updated guidance as it applies to temporary promotions of United States Army Reserve (USAR) Troop Program Unit (TPU) Soldiers. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
8. SOLDIER GUIDANCE FOR RECOUPMENT MESSAGES IN THE UPGRADED ARMYIGNITED. Soldiers who receive an email notification or ArmyIgnitED message about a required recoupment action for a tuition assistance (TA) or credentialing assistance (CA) funded course(s) from any Fiscal Year (FY) must complete the recoupment method by the published suspense date, which is annotated on their TA/CA request. The suspense date is 30 calendar days after the date the final grade was due if no grade was posted, or 30 days after the date the unsatisfactory grade was posted. The recoupment methods are lump sum payment, a payroll deduction plan (up to 6 months), or a request for recoupment waiver (only for “W” grades). If Soldiers do not process one of the three methods prior to their suspense date, a default lump sum will be initiated. It is vital that Soldiers complete their recoupment action by their published suspense date. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
9. BRANCH/COMMAND ITEMS.
a. REQUEST DISTINGUISHED MEMBERS OF THE CIVIL AFFAIRS REGIMENT AND/OR HONORARY MEMBERS OF THE CIVIL AFFAIRS REGIMENT 2023 NOMINATIONS. This program recognizes those individuals who have significantly contributed to the welfare of the Civil Affairs Regiment; active or reserve component Soldiers; Department of the Army Civilians; and/or civilians in a private capacity. The program serves as a link between members of the CA Regiment currently serving and those who have separated from active or reserve service, but continue to advance the interests of the CA Regiment. Nominations are due NLT 20 Feb 23. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
10. Recently published DOD and Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/
11. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. None. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/
12. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 6 JAN 23). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. AG NCOIC| MOGADISHU, SOMALIA| E-7/9 | 11Z | TS/SCI | ASAP| 180 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. MULTI-FUNCTION LOGISTIAN | ALI AL SALEM| O-3/4 | 90A | SECRET | ASAP | 365 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. AVN FMS CASE MANAGER | BAGHDAD, IRAQ | O-4 | 15A | SECRET | ASAP | 365 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. FIRES CHIEF | WIESBADEN CLAY, GERMANY | O-4/5 |13A | TS/SCI | ASAP | 365 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
13. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. ADOS, OPERATIONS OFFICER FOR USACE, GREAT LAKES AND OHIO RIVER DIVISION, CINCINNATI, OH, O-3/O-4. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. ADOS C-IED ACTION OFFICER AT HQDA G-3/5/7, G-38, PENTAGON. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. ADOS OPPORTUNITY BDE RESOURCE MANAGER (CPT/MAJ), 2D MEDICAL BRIGADE, 807TH MEDICAL COMMAND, -CAMP PARKS, CA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. 874TH FORWARD RESUSCITATIVE SURGICAL DETACHMENT COMMANDER (CPT/MAJ), FT JACKSON, SC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
e. 300TH SPECIAL TROOPS BATTALION TPU S1 OIC AND S4 OIC VACANCY, GRAND PRAIRIE, TX. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
f. ADOS-RC POSITIONS, LTC/COL/90A, SPECIAL OPERATIONS JOINT TASK FORCE LEVANT, KUWAIT. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
g. ADOS OPERATIONS OPENING – FORSCOM G33, FORSCOM LNO TO SDDC: (USAR/ARNG), LTC/CW4-COL/CW5, SCOTT, AFB, IL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
h. OCEANIA ENGAGEMENT TEAM IV (OET IV) MOBILIZATION VACANCY, TPU/M-DAY, W2-W3/O3-O4, AOC IMMATERIAL, 38-SERIES PREFERRED, PACIFIC ISLAND CULTURAL EXPERIENCE/LANGUAGE PREFERRED, FWD DEPLOYED TO OCEANIA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
14. CIVILIAN JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS. Units/organizations who wish to advertise GS positions, GS 12-15, may post them at the following link on S1NET. Positions posted per the instructions provided will then be listed once in an S1NET message. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. U.S. ARMY CENTRAL, GS-0201-11/12, HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST, SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, SC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/