1. MOD 1 TO FRAGO 5 (FIELD IPPS-A INCREMENT II RELEASE 3) TO HQDA EXORD 009-16 INTEGRATED PERSONNEL AND PAY SYSTEM – ARMY (IPPS-A) INCREMENT II (CUI). MOD 1 provides updated version of Annexes B and C and new Annex L. Key information in these attachments includes: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1034277
a. MOD 1 to Annex B: This annex provides supplemental guidance and information pertaining to the Test and Evaluation phase that runs from March 2020 through December 2021.
b. MOD 1 to Annex C: This annex provides Release 3 New Equipment Training (NET) and deployment guidance.
c. MOD 1 to Annex L: This annex provides the Brownout and Cutover Concept. Brownout is the shutting-off of legacy systems identified to be subsumed or converted to IPPS-A in Release 3 (R3). Brownout precedes the start of and sets conditions for cutover, a roughly three-week period that includes the conversion of legacy system data for use in IPPS-A R3. Systems that remain operational that rely on legacy systems for data will be functioning using stale data until IPPS-A R3 Go Live. The Army is coordinating preparations to minimize the brownout and cutover period’s impact on Soldiers and their Families, and each units’ ability to meet mission requirements. The exact brownout date, once validated by upcoming ROC drills, will be published to the field O/A 1Q22, and will be the last opportunity to conduct business in legacy systems. Other key items in this annex:
(1) HR Support. In preparation for brownout Soldiers are encouraged to update their records prior to 15 NOV 21, and to maintain an offline copy in order to validate their record in IPPS-A post- Go Live. This includes their Record Brief, DD93s, PERSTEMPO, and if necessary, their service computation. HR Professionals are encouraged to frontload business processes they typically conduct in legacy systems prior to 15 NOV 21 and pull and maintain offline copies of all products and reports they rely on legacy systems to provide, to include AAA rosters and gains and loss rosters. These steps will minimize brownout impacts and ensure Soldiers and units are prepared for the high volume of ‘catch-up’ assignments and actions that will have to be input/back-dated in IPPS-A upon Go Live.
(2) Assignments Drawdown: These activities start with the drawdown of assignments starting 11 NOV 21 until 15 JAN 22 and the execution of critical and essential assignments, specifically on Soldiers coming out of resident training, those determined to be critical and essential by assignments directorates, and expedited assignments impacted by the assignments drawdown included in the list of assignments at Exhibit 2.
(3) Conduct pre-cutover PAI from 15 AUG – 15 SEP 2021 IAW AR 600-8-6. The pre-cutover PAI is intended to provide the cleanest possible accountability data for conversion into IPPS-A, and timed to support end of FY strength reporting starting 1 OCT, leaving roughly 40 days between that activity and the PCS drawdown to address persistent roster issues. The drawdown leaves approximately two weeks of decreased movement before brownout begins, allowing S1s to focus on their failure to gain/failure to depart population. Change of Command PAIs occurring within 30 days prior to the pre-cutover PAI, between 15 JUL and 15 AUG, will satisfy this requirement.
2. REGULAR ARMY NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER NCOPDS SCHEDULING AS OF OCTOBER 2021 FOR SLC/MLC. From HRC Military Schools Branch: To provide transparency and manage expectations in support of the Army’s transition to NCO evaluation boards, HRC releases monthly scheduled NCOPDS by MOS and the OML. These numbers reflect the last Order of Merit List (OML) number that has been used to schedule a Soldier in October 2021 by MOS. In those instances where an MOS and rank does not have promotion requirement through October 2021, the number shown is zero. HRC schedules Soldier for PME 90 to 120 days in advance. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1033948
3. “YOUR PERSONNEL FILE” EPISODE 2, A PODCAST FROM THE U.S. ARMY’S HUMAN RESOURCES COMMAND. Episode 2 is a focused discussion on the Reserve Personnel Management Directorate. A conversation with BG Kris Belanger and SGM Stuart Coupe on the Reserve Personnel Management Directorate’s role and responsibilities to the Total Army. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1034696
4. AGWOILE- FOLLOW ON (FO) COURSE ENROLLMENT. From the AG WO Proponent: If you are not grand-fathered and still need to attend the AGWOILE-FO Course, enrollment is available for Class 006 (Report date 19 September, Start Date 20 September). ATRRS School Code 805C, Course: 7C-FOS-C8. You DO NOT need to attend the WOILE at Fort Rucker first. You may enroll prior to the common core WOILE. HR Technicians should have a minimum of two years TIG as a CW3 to be accepted. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/message/952100
5. IPPS-A AUDIT / INTERNAL CONTROLS: REPORT REVIEW – 23 AUG 2021. Attached is the CONOP for the upcoming IPPS-A, Audit / Internal Controls report review session. During this session, the IPPS-A Audit Team will provide a deep dive into three of the eight IPPS-A audit reports. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1034534
6. TUITION ASSISTANCE (TA) FISCAL YEAR (FY) CLOSE-OUT GUIDANCE FOR SOLDIERS. FY21 Requests: Soldiers may continue to request TA in ArmyIgnitED for future-dated courses whose start dates fall in FY21 until 1159 EST on 10 September 2021. As a reminder, an educational institution (EI) must upload an electronic course enrollment file to a Soldier’s ArmyIgnitED account before the Soldier can request TA. FY22 Requests: Soldiers may request TA in ArmyIgnitED for FY22 courses up to 60 days before the start date of a course. As a reminder, an EI must upload an electronic course enrollment file to a Soldier’s ArmyIgnitED account before the Soldier can request TA. Visit the following link for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1035023
7. (UPDATE) ARMY CREDENTIALING ASSISTANCE (CA) FUNDING REDUCTION FOR SELECT AVIATION CREDENTIALS FOR ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIERS. ACCESS identified the Multiengine Flight Instructor Rating (MEI) credential was not included in the 6 Aug Policy release. The Multiengine Flight Instructor Rating (MEI) credential is now included in the CA reduction list for AD Soldiers. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1031035
8. BRANCH/COMMAND ITEMS.
a. 2021 FIRES CONFERENCE VIRTUAL. From the Fires Center of Excellence (FCoE): Fires Professionals! This year’s virtual Fires Conference takes place from August 31st – September 2nd. The theme is “Fires in Multi-Domain Transformation” and will focus on how we fight as a MDO-capable Fires force through a combination of virtual prestation’s and dialogue. Check out our website at https://sill-www.army.mil/fires-conference/ for the latest agenda and updates! https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1033675
b. FIRES KNOWLEDGE NETWORK (FKN). From the Fires Center of Excellence (FCoE). FKN is the portal to get and share doctrinally correct knowledge with the entire Fires Force. The FKN portal should be your first stop for everything FIRES related. Visit and check out the Reach Back training portal and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, click on the Request for Information (RFI) button to ask your question and you’ll get a reply from a FCoE subject matter expert. Visit the following link for access information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1034588
9. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/default.aspx
10. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper. All Military Pay E-Messages are available on milBook at https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/milpaye-messages.
a. MILITARY PAY E-MESSAGE 21-030, UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS (UAS) OPERATOR CRITICAL SKILL INCENTIVE PAY (CSIP) FOR RESERVE COMPONENT (RC). The purpose of this message is to inform all of new procedures for the Implementation Plan for the New Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Operator Critical Skill Incentive Pay (CSIP) for RC Soldiers. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1032423
11. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 6 AUG 21). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/forscom-wias
a. ECAB DCO in support Spartan Shield. Interested Service Members must be in the MOS of 15A/B within the rank of LTC-COL and will have the responsibility of supporting the command to achieve mission success. Location: Kuwait. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-871989
b. Three positions for Psychological Operations officers and NCOs in support of CJTF-OIR Combined Joint Effects. Positions are for a MISO Chief, MISO Planner, and MISO OPS. Interested service members must be 37A / O3-O6 or 37F / E4-E7 with TS/SCI clearances. Duties can include planning, coordination, and execution of MISO programs and operations, providing subject matter expertise on employment of MISO capabilities, and liaising with CENTCOM CJ39 IO/MISO, CPC, WEBOPs, and Force Management Team. Location: Arifjan, Kuwait. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-871989
c. One position for Joint Personnel Recovery Center Deputy Director in support of CENTCOM AOR to include OIF, OEF, and CJTF-HOA. Acts as the subject matter expert (SME) on tactics, language, and culture relating to PR operations. Must be O3/O4 with TS/SCI clearance. Location: Qatar. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-871989
d. Two positions for Ops Officers, 11A and O2A. O4. Lead the development of crisis action, intermediate and long range plans. Interact with all elements of the TF (maneuver, fires, intelligence, logistics) and able to take their inputs to develop future concepts of operations and supporting orders. TS/SCI clearance. Location: Ft. Bragg. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-871989
12. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-375787. Units/commands who wish to post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message Summary. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/jobannouncementsmobvacancies
a. 314TH CSSB, TPU, O2-O3, COMMAND POSITIONS, SLOAN, NV. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1033364
b. FY22 OUSD(I&S) ADOS, COL/35 CMF / PENTAGON. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1033987
c. 353D CIVIL AFFAIRS COMMAND AIDE-DE-CAMP TPU VACANCY STATEN ISLAND, NY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1034319
d. 316TH ESC – MULTIPLE VACANCIES CORAOPOLIS, PA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1034378
e. MOBILIZATION OPPORTUNITY FOR 66P/65D, ARMY RESERVE MEDICAL MANAGEMENT CENTER (AR-MMC), PINELLAS PARK, FL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1034619
f. 998TH QM CO (WATER SUPPORT) VACANCIES, NORTH CHARLESTON, SC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-1034666