1. NEW AG CORPS HONORARY OFFICERS. From COL Michael T. McTigue, Commandant, Adjutant General School, Chief, Adjutant General’s Corps, Chief of Army Bands: It is my pleasure to announce the new Honorary Officers of the AG Corps.
– Honorary Colonel: MG(R) Richard Mustion (AG Corps Hall of Fame (HOF), Class of 2018)
– Honorary Chief Warrant Officer: CW5(R) David Ratliff (HOF, Class of 2012)
– Honorary Sergeant Major: CSM(R) Billy Blackmon (HOF, Class of 2015) The primary mission of these special appointees is to perpetuate the history and traditions of the corps. Each of these special appointees has remained engaged with the AG Corps and our Soldiers and has led the way in perpetuating our proud history and traditions. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716541
2. AIM 2.0 RÉSUMÉ FEEDBACK. From the Army Talent Management Task Force: As the 20-02 Assignment Cycle has closed, the Army Talent Management Task Force is looking for best practices or great TTPs to share with officers on résumé creation. This feedback will be used to update the Officer’s Guide to ATAP for future markets. We are looking for what made résumés stand out to units in regards to formatting and content. Understanding this will differ by proponent, unit, and organization, the intent is not to set a standard for résumé creation but to provide a framework for officers to start building their résumé. Visit the following link for specifics on feedback desired from both units and individual officers. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/thread/224800
3. DID YOU KNOW? From Army G-1 Uniform Policy: The Army Combat Uniform (ACU) defines the uniform, not a particular camouflage pattern. While we have transitioned from the Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP) to Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern (OEF-CP) to the Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP), regardless of the pattern the uniform is still known as the ACU. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/uniformpolicy
4. COUNSELING CONCERNING SEPARATION DATE FOR RC SOLDIERS. From IMCOM G-1: HRC Transition Division has asked that we remind installations to follow AR 635-8, Separation Processing and Documents, 4–5 (b) and (c), concerning counseling requirements when completing the DD Form 214s for RC Soldiers which states that RC Soldiers who are being released from active duty and reverting to the control of their parent components, that their effective date of release is 2400 hours on the date of expiration of authorized travel time to their home of record. Travel time will be included in determining the end date of active duty reflected in block 12b of the DD Form 214 based on entitlement in the Joint Travel Regulations and the mode of travel authorized in the Soldier’s orders to active duty. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716898
5. FROM ARMY G-1 RETIREMENT SERVICES.
a. Retirement News: The Thrift Savings Plan contribution limit for 2020 is increased to $19,500 for Soldiers and employees under age 50. Soldiers and employees over age 50 may contribute an additional $6,500 in separate catch up contributions. When the Army opens up a TSP account for IET Soldiers after Oct. 1, 2020, the automatic member contribution per month will be set at 5% of the member’s base pay, compared to the current automatic member contribution of 3% now. Members can change these contributions if desired. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716899
b. Survivor News: The 2020 National Defense Authorization Act includes a provision to eliminate the offset of the DOD Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) by the VA’s Dependency and Indemnity Compensation for those surviving spouses who are eligible for both. This affects spouses of Soldiers who die on active duty and inactive duty for training as well as spouses of Retired Soldiers who elect SBP coverage when they retire. The law provides for a 3-year implementation plan, but during 2020 nothing will change. These are very complex laws, so DOD has convened its SBP Advisory Panel to develop the implementing policies and procedures. Communications about the changes will be forthcoming, and DFAS has created a webpage just for this subject, referred to as the “SBP-DIC Offset.” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716899
6. VIRTUAL HIRING FAIR FOR MILITARY SPOUSES! From U.S. Army Soldier for Life: From 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Jan. 15, 2020, the Army’s Soldier for Life Program along with Recruit Military will host the inaugural Military Spouse Virtual Career Expo, a four-hour online jobs expo to provide our military spouses with career opportunities and a chance to network with like-minded people. The expo is free for all military spouses, no matter the military service or component (active, guard, reserve). For more information you can listen to the podcast at http://usarmysoldierforlife.libsyn.com/s3e1-recruit-military-spouse-hiring-fair. To register, visit the following link: https://recruitmilitary.careereco.com/Fair/UpcomingFairs
7. AC FLAG SNAPSHOT – DECEMBER 2019. The AC Flag snapshot for December 2019 is attached at the following link. HRC can provide a drill down, by unit, installation and individual at the request of COL Commanders and above. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-715261
8. COMMAND/INSTALLATION/BRANCH ANNOUNCEMENTS. These announcements only apply to the command/installation/Branch noted.
a. FORSCOM AND FORT BRAGG’S SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM TOP PERFORMERS. On behalf of Fort Bragg Directorate of Human Resources, MPD Reassignment Branch, FORSCOM G-1 HRTAB would like to congratulate the 1st Quarter Winners, 3rd BCT, 82nd Airborne Division, 108th Air Defense Artillery Brigade, 85th Civil Affairs Brigade, and the 249th Engineer Battalion, as the Fort Bragg installation Sponsorship Top Performers. Furthermore, congratulations to the National Training Center for achieving 96%/100% in the <30 days Tier 1 and Tier 2 Category. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-715846
b. 81ST RD MEDICAL READINESS EVENT, MONTGOMERY, AL, 7-8 MARCH 2020. The 81st RD will conduct a Mass Medical Event and Level II Medical Validation event at Montgomery AL on 7 and 8 March 2020. Commanders interested in attending this event must contact the POC at the following link to be added to the event. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716218
c. 81ST RD MASS MEDICAL EVENT AND LEVEL II MEDICAL VALIDATION, 18-19 APRIL 2020. The 81st RD will conduct a Mass Medical Event and Level II Medical Validation event in New Orleans LA on 18-19 April 2020. Commanders interested in attending this event must contact the POC at the following link to be added to the event. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716219
9. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/default.aspx
10. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper. All Military Pay E-Messages are available on milBook at https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/milpaye-messages.
a. MILPER Message 20-008, Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) Functional Area 46 (FA 46) Key Nominative Billet (KNB) Selection Panel Announcement, Issued: [1/10/2020 9:33:26 AM]. The FY21 LTC FA 46 KNB Selection Panel convenes on 9 March, 2020 to consider eligible LTC and promotable MAJs for assignment to KNB positions. This is the first iteration of the LTC FA 46 KNB Selection Panel which replaced the LTC Army Competitive Category Centralized Selection List (CSL) – Command/Key Billet Board for Functional Area 46. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/20-008
11. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS NEEDING FILL (UPDATED A/O 8 JAN 20). From the FORSCOM WIAS Team: Please be advised this is a working list that is tasked to our Corps and MSCs and cannot be promised to applicants without a complete packet. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-502391
12. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-375787. Units/commands who wish to post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message Summary. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/jobannouncementsmobvacancies
a. NATIONAL GUARD BUREAU, JA-OFFICE OF COMPLEX INVESTIGATIONS, ADOS POSITION, 1LT-COL OR MSG-SGM, INVESTIGATOR (MULTIPLE POSITIONS), JOINT BASE ANDREWS, MD. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-715316
b. 3-335TH TRAINING SUPPORT BATTALION TPU VACANCIES (FT. SHERIDAN, IL, 85TH/FIRST ARMY), MULTIPLE VACANCIES O3, E7, E6. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-683031
c. LTC TPU VACANCY AT 310TH ESC, INDIANAPOLIS, IN: ACOS, G1, LTC/O5, 42H. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-715399
d. BDE S-1 VACANCY CPT/MAJ 42B (DEPLOYMENT), 304TH SUSTAINMENT BRIGADE. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-715529
e. 351ST CIVIL AFFAIRS COMMAND, TPU, MULTIPLE O5-E7 COMMAND AND STAFF VACANCIES, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-715601
f. COMPANY COMMAND VACANCIES, CPT/90A/88A, 354TH MCB (MOVEMENT CONTROL BATTALION), FORT TOTTEN, NY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716115
g. ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY FOR THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF THE 336TH FINANCE GROUP (LTC/36A), LAKE CHARLES, LA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-715825
h. VACANCIES: OFFICE OF NET ASSESSMENTS (ONA), TPU, CPT/00D, OPERATIONS OFFICER VACANCY, PENTAGON, WASHINGTON, DC., AND OFFICE OF BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION (OBT), TPU, LTC/00B, EXECUTIVE OFFICER VACANCY, PENTAGON, WASHINGTON, DC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716242
i. 505TH TTSB TPU, HHC COMMANDER, FIRST SERGEANT, AND MULTIPLE VACANCIES, ENL/WO/OFF IN VARIOUS LOCATIONS CO, AZ, CA, NV, AND TX. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716361
j. HHC COMMANDER, 411TH EN BN, FT. SHAFTER FLATS, HAWAII. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716576
k. OFFICER NOMINATIVE ASSIGNMENT (LTC/ O5)- COMMAND INSPECTOR GENERAL (CIG), 102D TRAINING DIV, FT LEONARD WOOD, MO. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716639
l. MULTIPLE TPU VACANCIES (O3-O4 BRANCH IMMATERIAL AND E5-E7 BRANCH IMMATERIAL), 1ST LOGCAP SUPPORT BN, FT. BELVOIR, VA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-716614