1. PROMOTION POINT CHANGES FOR PROMOTION TO SERGEANT AND STAFF SERGEANT, 11 APR 22. From the Army G-1: This applies to the Regular Army (RA) and the United States Army Reserve (USAR). Effective 1 April 2023, award of promotion points are changed as outlined in this memo. Applicable to both the RA and all USAR simultaneously, these changes will inform the selection process for promotion pin-on to Sergeant (SGT) and Staff Sergeant (SSG) beginning with the June 2023 promotion month. With the implementation of the Integrated Personnel and Pay System-Army (IPPS-A), promotion point calculations will be fully automated within that system for both RA and USAR Soldiers. Some key points in this memo: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. RA and USAR (AGR) Soldiers will continue to use the last record APFT to establish physical fitness promotion points through 31 March 2023, and USAR (less AGR) Soldiers continue through 31 March 2024. During these periods, E-4s and E-5s with no record APFT in the DTMS will be provided the opportunity to take the APFT solely for promotion purposes. No adverse administrative actions, including flags or the initiation of separation, will be taken against Soldiers who fail the APFT under this provision.
b. Effective 1 April 2023, RA and USAR (Active Guard Reserve (AGR)) Soldiers will begin using their record ACFT scores to determine award of promotion points for promotion to SGT and SSG.
c. USAR (less AGR) Soldiers will continue to use their last record Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) to award promotion points through 31 March 2024. To support transitioning to the revised distribution of promotion points, effective 1 April 2023, all USAR (less AGR) Soldiers will use a transitional APFT-based table (encl) to determine promotion points. Effective 1 April 2024, all USAR (less AGR) Soldiers will use of the ACFT to award promotion points.
2. TRANSITION FROM EUROPEAN DETERRENCE INITIATIVE (EDI) TO EUROPEAN ASSURE, DETER AND REINFORCE (EADR), 31 MARCH 2022. From the ARMY G-3/5/7: The CG, USAREUR-AF has directed a change to the mission for deployed Army forces in the USAREUR-AF AOR. The directive from the CG, USAREUR-AF established EADR as the naming convention for DAMPS orders issued for all Soldiers deployed as of 2 FEB 2022 and changes the reimbursement rate from field duty (zero per diem) to the OCONUS meals, incidentals and expense rate of $3.50. This change also ends the authorization for Assignment Incentive Pay – Operational Deployment (AIP-OD) payments effective 2 FEB 2022. IMCOM is working with deployed units to amend existing field duty and AIP-OD orders and then issue new EADR TDY orders with effective dates of 2 FEB 2022 or later. The attached (at following link) “USAREUR-AF Operational Deployment Fact Sheet” outlines the new entitlements. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. IPPS-A ITEMS.
a. IPPS-A RELEASE 3 ROLES AND PERMISSIONS SERIES PART 2: VALIDATOR OVERVIEW – 26 APR 2022. Attached is the CONOP for the IPPS-A Release 3 Roles and Permissions Series Part 2: Validator Overview. During this session, the FMD Team will provide an overview of Validator Responsibilities. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. IPPS-A AUDIT / INTERNAL CONTROLS – REPORT REVIEW PART 3 – 25 APR 2022. Attached is the CONOP for the IPPS-A Audit / Internal Controls – Report Review Part 3 series. During this session, the FMD Team will provide a deep dive into several IPPS-A audit reports. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
4. BRANCH/COMMAND ITEMS.
a. 2D INFANTRY DIVISION ARTILLERY (DIVARTY) IS SEEKING EXTRAORDINARY OFFICERS AND WARRANT OFFICERS TO JOIN THE WARRIOR STRIKE TEAM, ATAP 23-01 CYCLE. Our mission as the Force Field Artillery Headquarters for 2d Infantry Division (Combined ROK-US Alliance) is one of the most dynamic tactical missions available to 13-Series Officers, and also presents Staff Officers from multiple backgrounds an opportunity to execute specialized mission command in conjunction with Eighth Army and United States Forces Korea during joint and unified operations. 2d DIVARTY is stationed at US Army Garrison Camp Humphreys, Pyongtaek, Republic of Korea. If you have been identified as a 23-01 mover, we welcome you to apply for assignment with “Warrior Strike!” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. JOINT FORCES STAFF COLLEGE (NORFOLK, VA) ARMY OFFICER MARKETPLACE FORUM FOR FY23-1 MOVERS. The Joint Forces Staff College (JFSC) will conduct a Marketplace Forum via MS Teams on Thursday, 21 April 2022 from 1500-1600 hours EST for FY23-01 movers who are interested in opportunities to serve as faculty members. Currently, the JFSC is seeking to assign an Information Operations Officer (FA30) LTC to instruct at the Joint, Command, Control, and Information Operations School and an Aviation Officer (15B) LTC to instruct at the Joint and Combined Warfighting School. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. THE 3D U.S. INFANTRY REGIMENT (THE OLD GUARD) (ARLINGTON, VA) IS HIRING TALENT IN THE 23-01 MANNING CYCLE. The Old Guard is currently accepting applications for the 23–01 Marketplace for MS Captain YG 16-18 Army Health Services Plans, Ops, Intelligence, Security & Training officer (70H); IN CPT YG 14-16; and Lieutenants YG 20-21: Infantry (11A), Military Police (31A), and Field Artillery (13A). The Old Guard offers an unparalleled broadening opportunity and the hiring process is highly competitive. Located in Arlington, Virginia just outside Washington, D.C., The Old Guard is the Army’s official ceremonial unit and escort to the President, and also provides security for the Nation’s Capitol in time of national emergency. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. UNITED STATES ARMY PACIFIC 23-01 VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT. U.S. Army Pacific Command consists of approximately 80,000 Soldiers geographically dispersed across the Asia-Pacific region. USARPAC is headquartered on Fort Shafter, Hawaii. Assignments to USARPAC include TDY opportunities to operational locations across the Indo-Pacific. Ensure your resume is updated in AIM2 and submit your preferences IAW the 23-01 marketplace timeline. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. Recently published DOD and Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/
6. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/
a. MILPER MESSAGE 22-118, RELEASE OF THE FISCAL YEAR (FY) 2022 COLONEL (COL), CHAPLAIN CORPS (CH), ARMY RESERVE NATIONAL GUARD OF THE UNITED STATES (ARNGUS), ARMY RESERVE ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AR AGR) AND ARMY RESERVE NON-ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AR NON-AGR), COMPETITIVE CATEGORIES (CC), PROMOTION SELECTION BOARDS (PSB), ISSUED: [4/12/2022 8:07:55 AM]. This message announces the release of the results for the FY22, Reserve Component (RC) Colonel (COL) Chaplain Corps (CH), Promotion Selection Board (PSB). The Prepositioning Release date is 12 Apr 22. The official promotion list will be released at 0730 EDT, 14 Apr 22. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
b. MILPER MESSAGE 22-119, AGR OFFICER PROMOTION NUMBERS FOR MAY 2022, ISSUED: [4/12/2022 8:09:51 AM]. This message announces the USAR AGR officer promotion numbers for May 2022. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
c. MILPER Message 22-120, Amendment to MILPER 21-407, Advanced Strategic Planning and Policy Program (ASP3) – The Goodpaster Scholars 2023 Cohort Selection, Issued: [4/13/2022 3:40:09 PM]. Paragraph 7b of MILPER 21-407 is amended as follows: How changed: SAMS ASP3 emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
7. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 8 APR 22). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. SENIOR PROPERTY ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN | AMMAN, JORDAN | CW2-3 | 920A | SECRET | MAY2022 | 365 days. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. COE CHIEF | ABU DHABI INTL, UAE | O5 | 14A | SECRET | MAY2022 | 365 days. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. J1 HUMAN RESOURCES NCO | AL UDEID AB, QATAR | E5 | 42A | SECRET | MAY2022 | 180 days. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. RGNL ENGMT NATL AFF OFFICER | AL UDEID AB, QATAR | O4 | 01A | SECRET | MAY2022 | 180 days. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
8. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. HHC, 360th CA BDE; FORT JACKSON, SC – MULTIPLE POSITIONS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. 104TH TRAINING DIVISION 1ST BDE, TPU, E6/E7, COMMAND CAREER COUNSELOR VACANCY, AURORA, CO. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. DEPLOYMENT SUPPORT COMMAND ACOS G4 AND HHC 1SG TPU ANNOUNCEMENTS, BIRMINGHAM, AL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. 467TH ENGINEER BATTALION, TPU, MULTIPLE 1SG VACANCIES, MILLINGTON, TN. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
e. CO CDR VACANCY, 983D EN BN, TRENTON, OH. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
f. 7TH ATC ADOS OPPORTUNITIES – VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN GERMANY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
g. MIRC-CENTCOM — TPU O6 (MI) VACANCIES, LOCATIONS IN FL, MA, AND CA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/