1. FORCE HEALTH PROTECTION GUIDANCE (SUPPLEMENT 12) – DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE GUIDANCE FOR PERSONNEL TRAVELING DURING THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 PANDEMIC, 6 AUG 20. Memo from the Under Secretary of Defense, Personnel and Readiness: This memorandum provides pre- and post-travel guidance for purposes of force health protection (FHP) of Service members, DoD family members, DoD civilian employees, and DoD contractor personnel. DoD Component Heads may implement more restrictive guidance and additional force health protection measures based on local risk assessments and in consultation with their medical staffs and public health authorities. The attachment to this memo provides guidance for official and unofficial travel within the United States and its territories and to and from areas outside the United States. Key information includes: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. Restriction of movement (ROM) requirements, and steps to be taken during ROM.
b. Determining whether to travel (risk assessment).
c. Travel guidance by destination (from the U.S. to a foreign country, foreign country to the U.S., foreign country to foreign country, and travel within the U.S.).
2. POLICY CLARIFICATION – DEFERRED TRAVEL OF DEPENDENTS BECAUSE OF OFFICIAL VISA AND PASSPORT DELAYS, 13 AUG 20. Memo from Army G-1 P&R: This memorandum clarifies existing policy about the payment of a housing allowance, either a basic allowance for housing or overseas housing allowance, based on old permanent duty station (PDS) and a family separation housing (FSH) based on the soldier’s new PDS when a soldier’s dependents are prevented from accompanying the soldier to the new PDS because of delays in receiving an official visa or passport for entry into a country. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. (USAR) ELIMINATION OF DA PHOTO AND RACE, ETHNICITY, GENDER DATA FROM SELECTION BOARDS, 11 AUG 2020. Memo from the Army Reserve G-1: Effective 1 August 2020, the Army Reserve removed the DA photo and redact race, ethnicity, and gender data from the Automated Record Brief for all selection board files. Additional guidance is forthcoming regarding personal appearance boards. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
4. ARMY RESERVE SPECIAL MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY (MOS) ALIGNMENT PROMOTION PROGRAM (SMAPP) – UPDATE 1, 15 AUG 20. The Intent of this program is to allow Army Reserve Troop Program Unit (TPU) Soldiers to be promoted to Sergeant and Staff Sergeant Into critically short MOSs as determined by the Chief of Army Reserve. This memorandum provides updates to the critically short MOS list identified as under 50% assigned strength. Enclosure 2 identifies all Army Reserve MOSs that are considered critically short as of 10 July 20. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. BRANCH/COMMAND ITEMS.
a. 99TH READINESS DIVISION FAMILY PROGRAMS TUESDAY TALKS – 18 AUG 20, 1900 EST. The 99th RD Family Programs Team presents: Tuesday Talks – a bi-weekly program where Soldiers, Family Members, and Civilians can get information and resources, as well as tips and tricks for navigating life through the COVID-19 pandemic and Army Reserve life in general. This week’s topic is “Know Your Benefits – TRICARE”, and we will have a TRICARE representative on-hand to answer your questions. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/defa
7. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. None. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
8. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 8 AUG 20). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
9. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. COMMANDER-BRAVO COMPANY, 323RD MILITARY INTELLIGENCE THEATER SUPPORT BATTALION (TSB), FT. MEADE, MD. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. 10TH BN/108TH REGT, MAJ/CPT(P) S-3 OIC VACANCY, JACKSONVILLE, FL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. WEEKLY ARNG G2 (ADOS AND FRA) VACANCY LISTINGS, MULTIPLE VACANCIES FOR O/E/WO ISO MILITARY INTELLIGENCE MISSIONS ACROSS THE WORLD – CAO 20200814. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. 411TH ENGINEER BRIGADE TPU VACANCIES, NEW WINDSOR, NY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
e. ADOS-RC OPPORTUNITIES IN USAR-CYBER PROTECTION BDE: 10 POSITIONS FROM SGT-SFC (35F, 42A, 92Y) TO CPT-MAJ (02A, 35D, 42H, 90A) ARMY RESEARCH LAB IN ADELPHI, MD (ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS MA, IL, NCR, TX, CA). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/