1. ADDITIONAL PROCEDURES FOR DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE IDENTIFICATION CARDS FOR COVID-19, 16 APR 2020. Memo from the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness: This memorandum provides additional temporary procedures for Common Access Cards (CAC) and Volunteer Logical Access Credentials (VoLAC) for COVID-19. To ensure that DoD ID card offices are postured to maintain continuity of operations while minimizing non-essential visits, the following guidance is effective beginning April 16, 2020 through September 30, 2020: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. CACs and VoLACs which expire on or after April 16, 2020, and are within 30 days of expiration, may have the certificates updated using ID Card Office Online to allow for continued use for logical access through September 30, 2020. The attachment (at the above link) provides details on who is eligible, and whom to contact for questions or problems.
b. CACs that expire on or after April 16, 2020, are authorized for continued use to facilitate access to benefits through September 30, 2020, if the cardholder’s eligibility for benefits is unchanged.
c. Existing and new Trusted Associate Sponsorship System (TASS) applications will be valid for 180 days, permitting TASS-sponsored cardholders to take advantage of the remote options to update their certificates.
d. Also posted at the above link is an exception from the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security which allows for the temporary acceptance of certain DoD-issued credentials presented for physical access after the date printed on the card (“expired cards”), when they have been electronically extended in the appropriate DoD databases, subject to certain conditions identified in the memo.
2. AWARDS AND DECORATIONS BRANCH UPDATES. From HRC Awards and Decorations Branch: This post provides updates to the field on major updates to AR 600-8-22, witness statements for valor and heroism awards, records management, award validation, sister service awards, and combat badges (distribution of disapproval documents to the Soldier’s official military personnel file). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. U.S. ARMY COACHING PROGRAM. STAND-TO, Friday, April 17, 2020. The Army Coaching Program (ACP) is a non-attributional, Soldier-focused, confidential, and career-long program which focuses on a Soldier’s self-development and professional goals as well as their performance and potential. The Army Coaching Program intends to provide officers who have maximized self-awareness and development of their war-winning talents to better leverage these talents in support of the mission of the Army. Read more at the following link. https://www.army.mil/standto/a
4. EDUCATION BENEFITS WEBINAR FOR SOLDIERS. During the month of April, the National Guard Bureau Education Services Branch is conducting weekly education benefit webinars for Soldiers via the Defense Collaboration Services (DCS). Every Tuesday and Thursday the topic is the new Credentialing Assistance (CA) program and on Wednesday, the topic will be a different education program. Webinars are held at 1400 hours EDT. Visit the following link for attendance instructions. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. IPPS-A FRAGO 5 OVERVIEW SLIDE DECK FOR SR. LEADERS V1. The presentation at the following link was briefed at the Council of Colonels meeting on 16 April 2020. It is provided as information to senior leaders of the AG Active Component. Version 1 of this document will be updated as additional revisions are made to FRAGO 5 for fielding Release 3. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. COMMAND/INSTALLATION/BRANCH ANNOUNCEMENTS. These announcements only apply to the command/installation/Branch noted.
a. FISCAL YEAR 2020, MEMORANDUM OF INSTRUCTION (MOI), FOR THE HUMAN RESOURCES READINESS TRAINING, 99TH READINESS DIVISION. This five-day course (classes beginning in June 2020) will assist USAR Soldiers and Civilians who utilize Human Resources (HR) systems to review and process personnel actions. The HRRT is open to all HR professionals and Military personnel in the Northeast region who will support their commanders in the HR arena. We highly encourage all HR professionals to take advantage of this training opportunity as well as personnel who need refresher HR training. Visit the following link for class dates and registration instructions. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
7. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/defa
8. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. None. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
9. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 3 APR 2020). From the FORSCOM WIAS Team: We would like to reassure our volunteers that Individual Augmentation requirements are still proceeding forward with some minor modifications due to the COVID-19 pandemic. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
10. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. 478TH HR CO, TPU, CPT/1LT, COMPANY COMMAND VACANCY, SALT LAKE CITY, UT. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. 952ND QUARTERMASTER COMPANY, TPU, O-3, COMPANY COMMAND VACANCY, LIVONIA, MI. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/