1. TAG SENDS: HRC’S IPPS-A UPDATE, 18 JAN 23. This update from BG Gregory S. Johnson, The Adjutant General of the Army, provides updates on Promotion Boards, use of record briefs and the Soldier Talent Profile, Enlisted Promotions, Officer Promotions, Assignment Catch-up for Accountability in IPPS-A, Enlisted Manning Cycles, HRC User Defined Lists (UDLs) and Workflow Templates, OCS Applications, and the IPPS-A Service Center. A few key points from this update: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. Due to the brown out of Human Resource (HR) legacy systems, the implementation of IPPS-A, and the need to focus on updating HR data in a single authoritative database, updating the ORB/SRB is no longer available through historical means. Due to the transition to IPPS-A, data on the board Record Brief may not accurately reflect information contained in a Soldier’s Army Military Human Resource Record or in IPPS-A. To mitigate the impact on Soldier’s going through a board, all board members in FY23 will receive the following verbal and written guidance: ‘Any inconsistencies, errors, or blank data noted on the Record Brief should not be viewed as a failure on the Soldier’s part to update the promotion file and should not reflect negatively on the individual.’
b. During this transition, boards will operate under three phases. Phase I is ongoing and will use the record briefs pulled prior to system brown-out. Phase II will start in April 2023 and will use data pulled from IPPS-A, and Phase III will begin in June 2023 and will use data from IPPS-A to display both a Record Brief and the Soldier Talent Profile.
c. Now that enlisted promotions transactions are executed in IPPS-A; promotion orders will no longer be published on the HRC homepage. HRC Enlisted Promotions will continue to publish the monthly By Name List and the OML Report. Promotion orders will be available on the effective date of the promotion, for example orders for 1 February 2023 are not available for download till 1 February 2023.
d. The HRC Officer Promotions team completed all backdated orders from November 2022 to January 2023, with the exception of the FY22 RC MAJ AMEDD for December and January. All Suspension of Favorable Personnel Actions (SFPAs) for Officer HQDA F flags are complete (new and removed). Individual orders pending, due to final results of a Promotions Review Board, Special Selection Review Board or date of rank adjustments are catch-up tasks that we are working diligently to produce.
e. HRC will begin processing IPPS-A Personnel Action Requests (PARs) once IPPS-A is available to all users on 17 Jan. To submit an action to HRC via IPPS-A, please utilize the HRC Master Workflow Template – UDL List in the IPPS-A User Manual, Annex F. HRC will update this annex every 30 days post Go-Live as required.
f. The IPPS-A Service Center is now available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to call and submit CRM tickets. For IPPS-A assistance, call 1-844-474-7772. You can also submit CRM tickets digitally in IPPS-A.
2. EXPANDED GUIDANCE REF: MILPER MESSAGE 23-022, JUNIOR ENLISTED PROMOTIONS SPC AND SGT WEAPON AND ARMY PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST PROMOTION POINTS, PARAGRAPH 4 – APFT AND PERM PROFILES. From HRC Enlisted Promotions: This post provides detailed guidance as it relates to the report to be submitted to HRC JR ENL Promotions outlined in MILPER MESSAGE 23-022, Paragraph 4, in which it states: “Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT). Promotion Points for APFT scores are incorrect for Soldiers who have a permanent profile because the system is currently not properly calculating the score for the alternate event for the 2-mile run. When Soldiers have this issue, S1s should identify them and submit a report through email to Junior Enlisted Promotions…” The attached (at following link) MS Excel template is to be used in the execution of this task. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. HRC MASTER WORKFLOW TEMPLATE – USER-DEFINED LIST (UDL). From HRC UDL Manager: HRC began processing IPPS-A Personnel Action Requests (PARs) on 17 Jan. To submit an action to HRC via IPPS-A, please utilize the HRC Master Workflow Template – UDL List attached at the following link, and also in the IPPS-A User Manual, Annex F. HRC will update this product on S1NET and in the User Manual every 30 days post Go-Live as required. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
4. CHANGE OF MISSION, JANUARY 2023. From Army Retirement Services: The Army’s official quarterly retirement planning newsletter, Change of Mission, was published on Jan. 17 (attached at below link) for all Soldiers with 17+ years of service in all components. Important news includes the 2023 pilot program to let Soldiers request active-duty retirement 24 months before their retirement date (instead of 9-12 months out); the US Army Online Retirement Planning Toolkit; retirement planning for the Army Reserve Soldier; mentoring future leaders as a JROTC instructor when you retire; the VA and AAFES are hiring; DOD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities help spouses of retiring Soldiers; and assessing your post-retirement income streams. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. IPPS-A QUESTIONS. (Help out other S1NET members if you know the answer.)
a. DEPARTING A MEMBER ON PCS WITH APPROVED PCS ABSENCE IN IPPSA- ACTIVE COMPONENT. Unable to figure out how to do this and it appears that Process 23-6 in the user manual is missing steps. I have been unable to locate the “InTransit Grid”. Member has an approved assignment in IPPSA, Member has approved ABS in conjunction with PCS in IPPSA, Member finaled out of installation on 16 Jan and leave started 17 Jan. Unable to depart member as end date of current assignment is 9 Feb, the day before report date to new assignment. Has anyone cracked this nut? https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. TECHNICAL CERTIFICATION CODE BOOK. Is there a book with all the Technical Certification ID Codes? I can pull some by the Group. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. WHERE CAN THE G1S / S1S SEE OPEN REQS? Is there a place to see what requisitions are approved in IPPS-A or have these translated to Job Openings? Thank you! https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. DOES IPPS-A HAVE A FUNCTION TO SUPPORT BAS RECOUPMENT AFTER FIELD TRAINING EXERCISES AND MEALS ARE PROVIDED? BAS Recoupment is required and is currently completed at the Company Level with a DA 4187 submitted to Finance. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. ARMY RESERVE PAY MESSAGE 23-01, TEMPORARY RESOLUTION FOR DEPENDENCY MISMATCH WHEN PAYING ORDERS IN RADARS. RADARS requires that RLAS RM and RLAS Personnel dependency data match for orders to be paid. Currently, the DEERS/IPPS-A interface is not working properly and IPPS-A does not have a baseline from DEERS for all Soldiers, which is causing a data mismatch in RLAS and not allowing orders to be paid. A temporary fix will be implemented soon to allow the DA Form 5960 that is input into RLAS RM to update the RLAS Personnel module so that the dependency data will match, allowing orders to be paid. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
7. IPPS-A CONOPS.
a. IPPS-A AUDIT AND INTERNAL CONTROLS SERIES: PART II – 23 JANUARY 2023 (REPORT REVIEW). Attached is the CONOP for the IPPS-A R3 Audit and Internal Controls live training Part II – Report Review. During Part II of the three-part series, the IPPS-A FMD Audit/Internal Controls team will familiarize users with a deep dive of Internal controls. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. IPPS-A R3 ROLES AND PERMISSIONS TRAINING SERIES: PART I – 24 JANUARY 2023 (ACCESS REQUEST OVERVIEW). Attached is the CONOP for the IPPS-A R3 Roles and Permissions Training Series Part I – Access Request Overview. During Part I of the three-part series, the IPPS-A FMD Audit/Internal Controls team will familiarize users with IPPS-A roles and permissions, access to IPPS-A, navigation through IPPS-A, access request submissions from self-service, and access request submissions on-behalf of another user. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
8. HRC MILITARY SCHOOLS BRANCH ITEMS.
a. REGULAR ARMY NCO SLC SCHEDULING AS OF DECEMBER 2022. To provide transparency and manage expectations, Military Schools Branch releases monthly statistics of Soldiers scheduled for SLC by Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) and the Evaluation Board Order of Merit List (OML). These numbers reflect the last OML number that has been used to schedule a Soldier in December 2022 by MOS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. 1ST QTR FY 23 RA NCO ALC SCHEDULING (PROMOTION POINTS DATA). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
9. BRANCH/COMMAND ITEMS.
a. JMPT/MPTK NOW AVAILABLE ON USAR NET. The Joint Medical Planner Tool (JMPT) and the Medical Planner Tool Kit (MPTK) is now available in the USAR software center for installation on ARNET/SARNET computers. JMOC1 and JMOC2 graduates who have ARNET accounts can now request installation on their ARNET computers via the USAR Software Center. Please utilize the attached instructions (following link) to request installation. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
10. Recently published DOD and Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/
a. ALARACT 001/2023, NOMINATIONS FOR SELECTION TO ATTEND THE 2023 U.S. ARMY MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (AMEDD) JUNIOR LEADERSHIP COURSE (JLC) (CUI), DTG: R 132022Z JAN 23. The AMEDD JLC is a leadership course that starts with a nomination and selection process to identify outstanding junior leaders, who have consistently demonstrated the core Army values and warrior ethos in the execution of their duties and who demonstrate skills, attributes, and potential required to become future leaders in the AMEDD. Nominations are used to identify course participants. The 2023 JLC will be conducted at Fort Belvoir, VA from 17-21 April 2023. Nominations will be submitted no later than 09 February 2023. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
11. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/
a. MILPER MESSAGE 23-024, AMENDMENT TO MILPER 22-423, ADVANCED STRATEGIC PLANNING AND POLICY PROGRAM (ASP3) – THE GOODPASTER SCHOLARS 2024 COHORT SELECTION, ISSUED: [1/17/2023 1:49:21 PM]. See the message for updates. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
b. MILPER MESSAGE 23-025, UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE (USAR) ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR) FISCAL YEAR 2024 (FY24) COMMAND SERGEANT MAJOR (CSM) SLATE, ISSUED: [1/18/2023 12:12:00 PM]. The selection list will be posted to the HRC website for commanders, Soldiers and human resources users to download on 19 January 2023. Identification on this slate constitutes official notification of assignment instructions. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
12. S1NET MEMBER/UNIT CONTRIBUTIONS. The following unit/individually developed products or information have been contributed to S1NET for the use and benefit of all members/units. These products have not been reviewed nor sanctioned by TRADOC or the AG School, and may be specific to the unit/component/location.
a. IPPS-A PHYSICAL LOCATION CHANGE. “Sometimes, IPPS-A doesn’t acknowledge the slotted position against the physical location, so this is a way to fix physical location of the Soldier.” Contributed by CW2 Aaron Leeds. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. ASSIGNMENT PREFERENCES. “Show SMs how to preferences their assignment locations.” Contributed by CW2 Aaron Leeds. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. ACCESS REQUEST FOR SUPERVISORS APPROVING ABSENCE FORMS. “This is part one of the solution to the known supervisor ID issue when requesting leave/pass in IPPS-A.” Contributed by CW2 Aaron Leeds. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. R3 UPDATE – UMR-STYLE MANNING REPORT GENERATOR FOR IPPS-A USERS. “UPDATE: The Current Assignments Report (CAR) has been updated for R3. Please join the Teams group with team code i647ypm for files detailed instructions and updates.” Contributed by SFC Christopher Rollins. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
13. S1NET MEMBER REQUESTS. The following S1NET member requests/questions are pending. If you can assist, please do so.
a. AWARD SUMMER CYCLE OPORD. Does anyone know about writing an award summer cycle OPORD? https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. POST-DEPLOYMENT COUNSELING / REINTEGRATION (USAR TPU). Does anyone have an example counseling of a post-deployment/reintegration counseling for TPU Soldiers? Our unit has several Soldiers who were cross-leveled for mobilization and will be returning to their home units after DEMOB. Any help would be greatly appreciated. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
14. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 12 JAN 23). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. ADJUTANT SGM | WIESBADEN CLAY KS | E-9 | 11Z | S | ASAP | 365 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. PETROLEUM TECHNICIAN | WIESBADEN CLAY KS | W-2/3 | 923A | SECRET | ASAP | 365 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/
c. FIELD ARTILLERY, GENERAL | WIESBADEN CLAY KS | O-4/5 | 13A | TS/SCI | ASAP | 365 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. AIR DEFENSE ARTILLERY | ARIFJAN | O-4 |14A | TS/SCI | ASAP | 180 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
15. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. TPU CO/DET COMMAND POSITIONS FOR THE 336 COMBAT SUSTAINMENT SUPPORT BATTALION, GLENDALE, AZ. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. FIRST SERGEANT (1SG) VACANCY, USAR STRATEGIC CMD (TPU), 00G5M, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. 362ND PSYOP CO, MULTIPLE TPU ENL AND OFFICER VACANCIES. 37F, 37A, 42A, 35F, 25V. BENTONVILLE, AR. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. DIMA VACANCIES, 35A, MAJ/CPT, OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY COS, G-2, PENTAGON, WASHINGTON, DC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
e. ADOS OPPORTUNITIES (USAR OR ARNG) (35 SERIES, PV2-W2) – US ARMY NORTH G2X – SAN ANTONIO, TX. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
f. 95th TRAINING DIVISION, FORT SILL, OK, IS SEEKING OFFICERS TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
g. RETIREMENT SERVICES OFFICER VACANCY AT OCAR, MAJ, 01A, ADOS-RC, FT BELVOIR, VA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
h. 418TH QM BN, RED ROCK, AZ, OPEN VACANCIES, SGT-CPT. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
i. EN SGM OR E8/12A FOR DET NCOIC, 699TH EN DET, FT BUCHANAN, PR. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
j. 391ST MP – AMEDD OFFICER AND MP, AMEDD & QM NCO VACANCIES, COLUMBUS, OH. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
k. DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY – DISTRIBUTION JOINT RESERVE FORCE, TPU, MULTIPLE OFFICER/ENLISTED VACANCIES, NEW CUMBERLAND, PA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
l. CONUS AND OCONUS MOBILIZATION OPPORTUNITIES, WINCHESTER, VA AND KUWAIT, E6-LTC, USACE. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
m. ANNOUNCEMENT OF TPU O-4, 56A, CHAPLAIN POSITION VACANCY, 2D PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATIONS GROUP, TWINSBURG, OH. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
n. SOLDIER RECOVERY UNIT (SRU), CO-ADOS, MAJ/O1A, BN XO, FT. CAMPBELL, KY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
16. CIVILIAN JOB ANNOUNCEMENTS. Units/organizations who wish to advertise GS positions, GS 12-15, may post them at the following link on S1NET. Positions posted per the instructions provided will then be listed once in an S1NET message. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, GS-0810-13, CHIEF SOILS AND DAM SAFETY SECTION, NASHVILLE TN. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/