1. HQDA EXORD 225-21 (FRAGO 35) COVID-19 STEADY STATE OPERATIONS (CUI), DTG: 300101Z Dec 22. Some key points in this FRAGO are provided below. See the entire FRAGO at the following link on S1NET. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. 1.R. (CUI) [ADD] The James M. Inhofe National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2023 (NDAA), enacted on 23 Dec 2022, requires that the Department of Defense rescind the COVID-19 vaccination order (Annex FF) not later than 30 days after the date of enactment. The Department of Defense is reviewing its comprehensive approach to protect the health and readiness of the military and civilian workforce. Commands will immediately suspend processing and initiating involuntary enlisted separation and officer elimination actions that are based solely on a Soldier’s refusal to comply with the DOD COVID-19 vaccination order. Commands will continue to adhere to other previously published policies regarding the Army’s response to COVID-19 pending further guidance.
b. 3.D.28. (CUI) [ADD] …Commanders will not take any final actions on involuntary separations already in progress pending additional guidance. For those officer eliminations already in progress, general officer show cause authorities will suspend forwarding the actions to the Commanding General, Human Resources Command. The United States Military Academy and U.S. Army Cadet Command will suspend cadet separation and disenrollment proceedings IAW applicable regulations and policies.
c. 3.D.28.A. (CUI) [ADD] For separation or elimination actions (including for Soldiers on transition leave) where the separation authority has already directed separation and separation orders have been issued, separation authorities will immediately take action to revoke the separation orders and DD 214 (if issued prior to the separation date on the DD 214).
d. 3.D.28.B. (CUI) [ADD] Enlisted Soldiers already pending involuntary separation may submit a request to voluntarily separate IAW AR 635-200, Chapter 15. Such requests will be forwarded to the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Manpower and Reserve Affairs)… Officers already pending an elimination action may submit an unqualified resignation pursuant to AR 600-8-24.
e. 3.D.29. (CUI) [ADD] The FY2023 NDAA does not address the Secretary of Defense’s directive regarding COVID-19 vaccination for members of the national guard and ready reserve (Annex AAAA). Commands will continue to adhere to Annex AAAA and to paragraphs 3.D.21-3.D.23 unless and until Annex AAAA is superseded or rescinded by the Secretary of Defense.
2. APPLE PODCAST: CW5 MARK HICKMAN, CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER OF THE AG CORPS. This podcast, presented by the Warrant Officer Historical Foundation, features a discussion with CW5 Mark Hickman, the Chief Warrant Officer of the US Army Adjutant General’s (AG) Corps. CW5 Hickman shares tremendous insight from a career that has spanned decades and weathered the challenge of technological advancement. He spends time talking about the recent active release of the Integrated Personnel and Pay System (IPPS-A). Finally, the Chief Warrant Officer of the AG Corps shares thoughts on leadership that anyone, regardless of their area of specialty, can apply to the benefit of their organization. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/
3. IPPS-A UPDATE: NEW JOB AIDS AND SYSTEM UPDATE, 29 DEC 22. From COL Rebecca Eggers, IPPS-A FMD: Some key points in this update below. View the entire update at the following link on S1NET. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. Cutover Assignments Deferment Process Job Aid. IPPS-A requires every day to be accounted for during the Permanent Change of Station period up to the report date – no gaps between assignments. Without the associated absence request in IPPS-A, we have seen issues arriving Soldiers early to their new assignments. IPPS-A will now automate these assignments to minimize work by HR Professionals. Members will not need to re-create absence requests with their former organizations, and local military personnel directorates will not need to complete duplicate orders. The attached job aid walks through this process.
b. Junior Enlisted Promotions, PCR to PRR Job Aid. This job aid was also shared by HRC and assists in integrating Service Members to the Promotion Recommended Roster (PRR) from the Promotion Consideration Roster (PCR). The normal timeline for this task is after monthly unit promotion boards are held between 10-26th of each month. The PCR completion date was pushed to 29 Dec for this month. If units have a signed board memo by the promotion authority and someone besides the commander has assumption of command orders, that person can be provisioned to approve the PCR to integrates Soldiers in the absence of the commander. This is an exception this month and in future months the approver needs to be delegated within IPPS-A.
c. Create PSC/PPS Pools Job Aid. This job aid assists in setting up set up the Personnel Service Center (PSC) Pool or Personnel Processing Activity (PPA) Pool Configurations. The Military Personnel Division (MPD) uses the PSC and PPA pools to manage assignments for installation personnel. Setup and maintenance is similar to S1 Pool Configuration. The PPA codes consist of two-digit codes and the PSC codes consist of four-digit codes. Please refer to the PSC PPS job aid for more information.
d. Access Request Job Aid. The IPPS-A Team continues to receive access requests from the field and is actioning them accordingly, with a focus on approving validators so that units can take over approving their access requests internally. For situational awareness, unit validators are only able to action their units’ access requests that come in after their validator access has been approved. Validators should continue to work the access requests they can and we will continue to work those that came in before the validator access was granted. As another alternative, in the local validator has their access approved, personnel requesting access can cancel their pending request and re-submit to their local validator for approval. This may help expedite requests. Please see the attached job aid for additional information on access requests.
e. PPW – in addition to the weapons qualification issue, we have noted correspondence issues not awarding points. This is happening because the legacy system did not have a duration applied for IPPS-A to properly award points. We are working through a fix to add the duration to these courses to allow the points to populate.
4. OTHER IPPS-A ITEMS.
a. UPCOMING IPPS-A LIVE TRAINING – JANUARY 2023. Please see summary of upcoming IPPS-A live training with meeting links at the following link. This summary details training currently scheduled for January 2023. Unique training CONOPs are posted as training details come available. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. IPPS-A “A DAY IN THE LIFE” WEBINAR SERIES – DAY 1 POW TASKS: READINESS ROSTER, ACCESS REQUEST, ROWSECCLASS – 4 JAN 2023. Attached at the following link is the CONOP for the IPPS-A “A Day in the Life” Webinar Series – Day 1 POW Tasks: Readiness Roster, Access Request, ROWSECCLASS. The FMD Training Team will be conducting two sessions on 4 JAN 2023 at 1100 ET and 1900 ET. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. Recently published DOD and Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/
6. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/
a. MILPER MESSAGE 22-509, REVOKE MILPER MESSAGE 22-471, 1 DEC 22. FISCAL YEAR 2023 (FY23) ACTIVE COMPONENT (AC), CAPTAIN (CPT), ARMY NURSE CORPS (AN), MEDICAL SERVICE CORPS (MS), AND ARMY MEDICAL SPECIALIST CORPS (SP), FULLY QUALIFIED CERTIFICATION BOARD (FQCB) ZONES OF CONSIDERATION, ISSUED: [12/28/2022 4:56:47 PM]. MILPER Message 22-471 issued 1 Dec 22, is revoked immediately. HRC will release a forthcoming MILPER message detailing updated information which updates the full MILPER of instructions. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
7. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 30 DEC 22). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. SIGNAL FMS CASE MANAGER| IRAQ| O-4 | 25A | TOP SECRET | ASAP | 365 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/
b. AVN FMS CASE MANAGER| BAGHDAD, IRAQ| O-4 | 15A | SECRET | ASAP | 365 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/
c. COE CHIEF| ABU DHABI INTL| O-4 | 14A | SECRET | ASAP | 365 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/
d. AMMO INSPECTOR| SOTO CANO| E-6-E-8| 89B | SECRET | ASAP |180 DAYS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
8. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. 302D TRANSPORTATION TERMINAL BATTALION (TTB), MULTIPLE TPU VACANCIES (OFF & ENL), IN FORT SHAFTER FLATS, HI. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. 19TH SFG, CSM POSITION, MDAY, UTAH ARMY NATIONAL GUARD. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/