1. FORCE HEALTH PROTECTION GUIDANCE (FHP) (SUPPLEMENT 23) REVISION 1 – DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE GUIDANCE FOR CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 VACCINATION ATTESTATION, SCREENING TESTING, AND VACCINATION VERIFICATION, 18 OCT 21. This memorandum rescinds and replaces FHP (Supplement 23) dated 7 Sep 21, and provides updated guidance for implementing additional force health protection and workplace safety measures directed by the White House Safer Federal Workforce Task Force to reduce the transmission of the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Included in this FHP guidance: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. In accordance with references (c), (d), and (e), DoD civilian employees are now required to be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021, subject to exemptions as required by law.
b. DoD contractor personnel and official visitors must attest to being fully vaccinated and, if not fully vaccinated, present the results of a recent negative COVID-19 test as a condition of physical access to DoD buildings and DoD-leased spaces in non-DoD buildings in which official DoD business takes place (referred to jointly in this memorandum as “DoD facilities”).
c. In accordance with reference (f), Service members (members of the Armed Forces under DoD authority on Active Duty or in the Ready Reserve, including members of the National Guard) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
d. Once the applicable mandatory vaccination date has passed, COVID-19 screening testing as described in Attachment 5 is required at least weekly for Service members who are not fully vaccinated, including those who have an exemption request under review, or who are exempted from COVID-19 vaccination and are entering a DoD facility. Service members who are not on Active Duty and who also are DoD civilian employees or DoD contractor personnel must follow the applicable requirements in this memorandum for DoD civilian employees or DoD contractor personnel.
e. After November 22, 2021, weekly COVID-19 testing is required for those DoD civilian employees who are not fully vaccinated, including those who have medical or religious exemptions. DoD civilian employees who telework or work remotely on a full-time basis are not subject to weekly testing, but must provide a negative result from a test performed within the prior 72 hours for entry into a DoD facility.
f. Attachment 1 provides actions that can be taken to enforce DoD Civilian Employee COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
g. Further guidance on processing exemptions (for DoD Civilians) will be forthcoming from the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. In the meantime, DoD Components should take no action on any exemption requests received from DoD civilian employees.
h. Attachment 2 provides requirements for DoD Contractor Personnel, Official Onsite Visitors, and Others Seeking Access to Facilities.
2. SPECIAL ISSUANCE PASSPORTS FOR TRAVEL TO GERMANY, JAPAN AND SOUTH KOREA. From the IMCOM G-1: DoD Civilians, their family members and Military dependents on official travel orders to Germany, Japan and South Korea should apply for their Special Issuance Passport (SIP) without delay. The SIP Exception to Policy (ETP) allowing travel to these countries with use of a regular “tourist” passport in conjunction with the Proof of Submission Memorandum issued by a DoD passport agent, is extended to March 31, 2022. The extension allows for the use of “tourist passports” for aircraft boarding if presented with a Memorandum verifying a SIP has been applied for. Contact your local DoD Passport Agent to apply for your SIP and to receive the appropriate Memorandum for travel. For assistance in locating the closest facility, travelers should contact PSD Customer Service at 703-545-0003/0004 or click on the link: usarmy.pentagon.hqda-oaa-det.m
3. Recently published DOD and Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. None. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/defa
4. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
a. MILPER MESSAGE 21-399, FISCAL YEAR 2022 (FY22) ACTIVE COMPONENT (AC), LIEUTENANT COLONEL (LTC), ARMY NURSE CORPS (AN), MEDICAL SERVICE CORPS (MS), ARMY MEDICAL SPECIALIST CORPS (SP), AND VETERINARY CORPS (VC), ARMY MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (AMEDD) PROMOTION SELECTION BOARDS (PSB) ZONES OF CONSIDERATION, ISSUED: [10/19/2021 9:27:22 AM]. Subject selection boards will convene on 19 Jan 22 to consider eligible Majors (MAJ) on the Active Duty List (ADL) for promotion to LTC. The boards will recess on or about 26 Jan 22. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
b. MILPER MESSAGE 21-400, FISCAL YEAR 2022 (FY22) ACTIVE COMPONENT (AC), LIEUTENANT COLONEL (LTC), MEDICAL CORPS (MC), AND DENTAL CORPS (DC), PROMOTION SELECTION BOARDS (PSB) ZONES OF CONSIDERATION, ISSUED: [10/19/2021 9:39:08 AM]. Subject selection boards will convene on 7 Feb 22 to consider eligible Majors (MAJ) on the Active Duty List (ADL) for promotion to LTC. The boards will recess on or about 18 Feb 22. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
c. MILPER MESSAGE 21-401, RELEASE OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2021(FY21) RESERVE COMPONENT (RC), CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER FIVE (CW5), ARMY RESERVE ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AR AGR) AND ARMY RESERVE NON-ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AR NON-AGR), COMPETITIVE CATEGORIES (CC), PROMOTION SELECTION BOARDS (PSB), ISSUED: [10/19/2021 9:44:01 AM]. This message announces the release of the results for the FY21, Reserve Component (RC) CW5, Promotion Selection Board (PSB). The Prepositioning Release date is 19 Oct 21. The official promotion list will be released at 0730 EDT, 21 Oct 21. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
d. MILPER MESSAGE 21-402, AMENDMENT 2 FY22 DISTRIBUTION CYCLE AMEDD VETERINARY NOMINATIVE COMMANDS, ISSUED: [10/19/2021 9:50:14 AM]. See the message for changes. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
e. MILPER MESSAGE 21-403, FY22 US ARMY FEDERAL OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT, ISSUED: [10/19/2021 11:13:22 AM]. This message applies to all Active Component (AC), US Army Reserve (USAR), and US Army National Guard (ARNG) in-service applicants for Federal OCS at Ft Benning, GA. This message contains Soldier eligibility and application requirements, waiver and selection procedures, and general information. This message does not pertain to State and accelerated ARNG OCS training programs. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 14 Oct 21). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. J3 JOINT OPS CENTER CHIEF (11A) in the grade of O5 (LTC). TS/SCI clearance required. Location: AL UDEID AB. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. FOOD SERVICE TECHNICIAN in support of OEFF-SS, FS and OIR. Interested service members must be in the MOS of 922A/ W2-W4 or 92G/ E8-E9 with a SECRET Clearance. Location: AS SAYLIYAH, QATAR. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. ECAB DCO in support of Spartan Shield. Interested Service Members must be in the MOS of 15A/B within the rank of LTC-COL and will have the responsibility of supporting the command to achieve mission success. Location: KUWAIT. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. CO COMMAND, 492 SC CO BRIGADE, 518TH SUS BDE, TPU, 2LT-CPT, 25A, KNIGHTDALE, NC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. 143D SUST CMD HHC (FWD) COMPANY COMMAND POSITION, ORLANDO, FL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. INSCOM, G3 CLIPSO, ALTERNATE CONTRACTING OFFICER REPRESENTATIVE (4) VACANCIES, ARNG, USAR, IMA, IRR, GRADE O3-O5, VARIOUS LOCATIONS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. TPU JOB OPENINGS, (11Z E8-E9/74D E6/14G E6, 25B E3-E4) 208TH DIGITAL LIAISON DETACHMENT, FORT CARSON, CO. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/