1. DOD CAC CERTIFICATE REDUCTION AND REALIGNMENT PLAN. From the 21 Jun 18 STAND-TO: Department of Defense (DOD) CAC Certificate Reduction and Realignment Plan, developed by the DOD Chief Information Officer (CIO), will modify the Common Access Card (CAC) to align with guidelines and enhance interoperability with other federal agencies. The plan entails modifying the certificates currently stored on the CAC as follows: Remove the ID certificate, Realign the Email Signing certificate to perform signature functions only, Activate the Personal Identity Verification (PIV) authentication certificate to perform all authentication functions. Read more at the following link.https://www.army.mil/standto/archive_2018-06-21/?s_cid=standto
2. IPPS-A DEMO SERIES. Recently, the IPPS-A Team launched its newest video series on YouTube highlighting key functionality and the benefits of the system. Some users advised that they could not access the videos on YouTube due to local network restrictions. To make those videos available to everyone, the videos have now been uploaded to milSuite and are available on S1NET at the following links.
a. IPPS-A Agent Dashboard. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/leadercasts/7548
b. Name Change Personnel Action Request (PAR). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/leadercasts/7546
c. Self-Service Case Submission. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/leadercasts/7547
d. Personnel Action Request (PAR) Demotions. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/leadercasts/7551
e. iHub Self-Service. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/leadercasts/7545
3. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. For research purposes, all ALARACTs are posted on AKO at the following link.https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/550282
a. ARMY DIRECTIVE 2018-07-9, PRIORITIZING EFFORTS-READINESS AND LETHALITY UPDATE 9, 12 JUN 18. Update 9 eliminates the requirement for all NCOs, officers (BG and below), and Civilian leaders to conduct a leader 360 assessment, eliminates the requirement for units to execute a unit 360 assessment, eliminates the requirement for CSL LTC and COL commanders to conduct the Commander 360 assessment, eliminates the requirement to submit Quarterly Narrative and Statistical Report data to the next higher command utilizing the automated Equal Opportunity database, and reduces the frequency of Command Supply Discipline Program evaluations for Active Component divisional companies from quarterly to semi-annually. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-476876
b. ARMY DIRECTIVE 2018-10, AUTHORIZING USE OF DA FORM 1059-2 (SENIOR SERVICE AND COMMAND AND GENERAL STAFF COLLEGE ACADEMIC EVALUATION REPORT) FOR THE U.S. ARMY WAR COLLEGE, 8 JUN 18. This directive prescribes use of DA Form 1059-2 for resident students currently enrolled at the U.S. Army War College (USAWC) who will graduate in academic year 2018 and thereafter. The new DA Form 1059-2 will only be rendered for all Regular Army, Active Guard Reserve, U.S. Army National Guard, and U.S. Army Reserve resident students, physically located and enrolled at USAWC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-482619
4. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page athttps://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper. All Military Pay E-Messages are available on the DFAS website at https://dfas4dod.dfas.mil/centers/dfasin/library/milpay.htm.
a. MILITARY PAY E-MESSAGE 18-041, USE OF THE NEW SPD CODE LISTING EFF 1 JULY 2018. The Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (OUSD) and all Services have created a new Separation Processing Designator (SPD) code listing that is effective for all separations on or after 1 July 2018. https://dfas4dod.dfas.mil/centers/dfasin/library/milpay/policy18/msg18-041.htm
b. MILPER MESSAGE 18-190, FY 2019 ARMY-UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY (UK) MASTER OF SOCIAL WORK (MSW) PROGRAM APPLICATION PROCEDURES, ISSUED: [6/19/2018 2:04:15 PM]. This message solicits applications for the FY 2019 Army-University of Kentucky (UK) Master of Social Work (MSW) program at the Army Medical Department Center & School (AMEDDC&S), Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) Fort Sam Houston, TX. HQ, US Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) will convene a competitive accession board o/a 15 January 2019 to consider qualified applicants for selection and accession as Army Social Workers. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-190
c. MILPER MESSAGE 18-191, ACCEPTANCE AND WEAR OF THE NATO MEDAL FOR NATO TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING IN IRAQ, ISSUED: [6/19/2018 3:41:20 PM]. The Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) has announced the acceptance and wear of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Non-Article 5 Medal for NATO Training and Capacity Building in Iraq, effective 1 June 2016 to a date to be determined. Soldiers must have met NATO Medal eligibility criteria and been awarded the medal by NATO Headquarters or a NATO Theater Commander who has been delegated award authority. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-481916
d. MILPER MESSAGE 18-192, FISCAL YEAR (FY) 2019 UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE (USAR) GENERAL OFFICER ASSIGNMENT ADVISORY BOARD (GOAAB) AND GENERAL OFFICER VACANCY PROMOTION BOARD (GOVPB), ISSUED: [6/20/2018 8:35:11 AM]. This message announces the eligibility criteria for the Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19) United States Army Reserve (USAR) General Officer Assignment Advisory Board (GOAAB) and the FY19 USAR General Officer Vacancy Promotion Board (GOVPB) scheduled to convene on or about 24 Oct 18. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-192
e. MILPER MESSAGE 18-193, RELEASE OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) RESERVE COMPONENT (RC), ARMY RESERVE ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AR AGR) AND ARMY RESERVE NON-ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AR NON-AGR) AND ARMY RESERVE NATIONAL GUARD OF THE UNITED STATES (ARNGUS) LIEUTENANT COLONEL (LTC), ARMY PROMOTION LIST (APL), COMPETITIVE CATEGORIES, PROMOTION SELECTION BOARDS, ISSUED: [6/21/2018 9:36:46 AM]. This message announces the release of subject promotion selection boards. The prepositioning release is 26 Jun 18. This information is “Close Hold” until the official release date. The official release date is 3 Jul 18, at 0730 (EDT). https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-193
f. MILPER MESSAGE 18-194, ACADEMIC YEAR 2019 MILITARY INTELLIGENCE PROGRAMS AND ADVANCED CIVIL SCHOOLING, ISSUED: [6/21/2018 1:15:08 PM]. This message announces the procedures for Military Intelligence (MI) officers requesting consideration for highly competitive MI academic programs in FY19. This MILPER message pertains to the following programs: Advanced Civil Schooling (ACS), Junior Officer Cryptologic Career Program (JOCCP), Junior Officer GEOINT Program (JOGP), Army Intelligence Development Program (AIDP), Warrant Officer Cryptologic Career Program (WOCCP), the National Security Agency / Central Security Service (NSA/CSS) Director’s Fellowship Program (DFP), the United States Army Intelligence Center of Excellence (USAICoE)/Communication-Electronics Research Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC) Professional Development Program, and the National Intelligence University (NIU) bachelor’s degree program and master’s degree program for Academic Year (AY) 2019. This MILPER message pertains to only to active component MI Branch 35 Officers and all 350-series Warrant Officers. 15C35 officers are considered eligible under the active component 35-series career field eligibility requirements. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/18-194
5. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-375787. Units/commands who wish to post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message Summary. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/job_announcements_mob_vacancies.
a. MULTIPLE COADOS OPPORTUNITIES FOR RESERVE COMPONENT MEMBERS (ENL MOS 25D, 25B, 35G, 35N, AND WO 255N) WITH SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND AFRICA (SOCAF) IN STUTTGART, GERMANY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-481413
b. 641ST REGIONAL SUPPORT GROUP (RSG) DCO (LTC) POSITION, ST. PETERSBURG, FL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-481982
c. 3RD BDE, ATLANTIC TRAINING DIV (ATD), 84TH TC (NJ, MD) CPT-COL TPU VACANCIES, JOINT BASE MCGUIRE-DIX LAKEHURST, NJ.https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-482090
d. ARNG FLIGHT PARAMEDIC LIAISON (68W E7) ADOS POSITION, NGB ARLINGTON, VA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-482138
e. MULTIPLE AG AND FI INSTRUCTOR TPU VACANCIES IN DET. 1, 7-108TH BATTALION, JACKSON, MS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-482228
f. 63RD READINESS DIVISION HHC 1SG VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-482445