1. FRAGO 4 TO HQDA EXORD 225-21 COVID-19 STEADY STATE OPERATIONS (CUI), DTG: 251500Z Aug 21. This FRAGO contains the following updates: https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. (1.F.) [ADD] On 23 August 2021, the Food and Drug Administration approved full licensure of the Pfizer-Biontech COVID-19 Vaccine, now marketed as Comirnaty (COVID-19 vaccine, MRNA), for individuals 16 years of age and older. The FDA-approved Comirnaty and the EUA-authorized Pfizer-Biontech COVID-19 vaccine have the same formulation and can be used interchangeably.
b. (3.D.8.) [CHANGE TO READ] Read and comply IAW Annex FF, mandatory Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination of Department of Defense Service Members, 25 August 2021 (also attached).
c. (3.D.8.A.) [CHANGE TO READ] Further guidance on attestation and testing of COVID-19 unvaccinated Department of Army employees; and the processing of service member exceptions, exemptions and refusals of the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are forthcoming and will be addressed in a later FRAGO.
2. NEW FM 1-0, HUMAN RESOURCES SUPPORT, AUGUST 21. This new FM 1-0 makes numerous revisions from the 2014 edition. Significant revisions include implementing elements of FM 3-0, Operations, and FM 4-0, Sustainment Operations, into FM 1-0 to support LSCO; the addition of HR support to replacement operations, a new subordinate key function; and realignment of HR core competencies and subordinate key functions. Army Service component command (ASCC), corps, and division assistant chief of staff, personnel (G-1)/adjutant general (AG) sections now include the human resources operations center (HROC) with a description of the organization’s critical functions. This revision also replaces the human resources sustainment center structure with the theater personnel operations center (TPOC). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. MAXIMIZE THE POWER OF AIM2 KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & BEHAVIORS-PREFERENCES (KSB-Ps) FOR YOUR RESUME. From the ATMTF: Update 24 August 2021. The majority of branch proponents have provided updated Army Talent Alignment Framework (ATAF) storyboards that identify expected talents and KSBs for officers by branch and grade to enable both officers and units to identify targeted KSBs for the ATAP marketplace. Both Combined Arms Center-approved and branch proponent-approved ATAF storyboards are available as a tool for improving officer resumes. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
4. AC OFFICER PROMOTION ORDERS, SEPTEMBER 2021. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. 2021 AG CORPS NATIONAL BALL CANCELLATION. For those who purchased tickets to the 2021 AG Corps National Ball, refunds are being processed this week and funds will be credited back to the same card used to purchase the tickets. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. USAR AGR NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER NCOPDS SCHEDULING AS OF OCTOBER 2021. From HRC Military Schools Branch: To provide transparency and manage expectations in support of the Army’s transition to NCO evaluation boards, HRC releases monthly scheduled NCOPDS by MOS and the OML. These numbers reflect the last OML number that has been used to schedule a Soldier in October 2021 by MOS. In those instances where an MOS and rank does not have promotion requirement through October 2021, the number shown is zero. This list pertains to USAR AGR. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
7. (USAR) IMPLEMENTATION GUIDANCE TO TROOP PROGRAM UNIT (TPU) LATERAL APPOINTMENT TO CORPORAL (CPL), ELIGIBILITY FOR BASIC LEADERS COURSE, AND PROMOTION TO SERGEANT (SGT), 23 AUG 21. This memo from the Army Reserve G-1 provides additional TPU guidance for implementation of Army Directive 2021-17, Lateral Appointment to Corporal and Eligibility for Basic Leaders Course. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
8. BRANCH/COMMAND ITEMS.
a. 528TH SUSTAINMENT BRIGADE (SO) (A) JOB OPENINGS FOR OFFICERS / WARRANT OFFICERS IN CYCLE 22-02. With vacancies in Fort Bragg, Florida, Germany, Hawaii, and South Carolina, the 528th Sustainment Brigade (Special Operations) (Airborne) is a unique organization compared to other Army sustainment brigades. This exclusive unit maintains and sets operational-level logistical conditions, in order to execute Army Special Operations Forces (ARSOF) and joint element missions by providing tailored logistical, signal, medical and intelligence support to the Global Special Operations Forces (SOF) network. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
9. Recently published DOD and Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/defa
a. DoD DIRECTIVE-TYPE MEMORANDUM (DTM) 21-005 – “DEPLOYMENT-TO-DWELL, MOBILIZATION-TO-DWELL POLICY REVISION”, 16 AUG 21. This memo defines “deployment” and “dwell time” under a single Department-wide standard in accordance with Section 991 of Title 10, United States Code (U.S.C.). It also defines “deployment-to-dwell ratio for Active Component (AC),” “mobilization-to-dwell ratio for Reserve Component (RC),” and associated goals and thresholds. For the AC, the SECDEFs goal for the deployment-to-dwell ratio is 1:3 or greater. The deployment-to-dwell ratio threshold is 1:2. SECDEF approval is required to deploy an AC unit, detachment, or individual with a ratio of 1:2 or less. For the RCs, the SECDEFs goal is a ratio of 1:5 or more. The mobilization-to-dwell ratio threshold is 1:4. SECDEF approval is required to mobilize an RC unit, detachment, or individuals with a ratio of 1:4 or less. https://www.milsuite.mil/
10. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
a. MILPER MESSAGE 21-312, PROFESSOR, UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY (PUSMA) OPPORTUNITIES AT THE UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY (USMA), ISSUED: [8/24/2021 2:37:20 PM]. The purpose of this message is to announce assignment opportunities for officers at the United States Military Academy (USMA) at West Point, NY. USMA will accept applications from officers who meet minimum qualifications to fill Functional Area (FA) 47 positions. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
b. MILPER MESSAGE 21-313, ACADEMY PROFESSOR ASSIGNMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY (USMA), ISSUED: [8/24/2021 2:38:31 PM]. The purpose of this message is to announce assignment opportunities for officers at the United States Military Academy (USMA) at West Point, NY. USMA will accept applications from officers who meet minimum qualifications to fill Functional Area (FA) 47 Academy Professor positions. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
c. MILPER MESSAGE 21-314, NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER EDUCATION SYSTEM (NCOES) COURSE SCHEDULING PROCEDURES, ISSUED: [8/24/2021 2:43:36 PM]. This MILPER message supersedes MILPER Message 21-161 and applies to the Regular Army (RA) and U.S. Army Reserve Active Guard Reserve (USAR AGR). HRC centrally manages RA and USAR AGR Soldiers’ attendance at the Advanced Leader Course (ALC), Senior Leader Course (SLC), and Master Leader Course (MLC). HRC also manages Basic Leader Course (BLC) attendance for the USAR AGR only. Soldiers are scheduled for training based on priorities and their current standing based upon promotion points or order of merit list (OML). See the message for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. MILPER MESSAGE 21-315, COLONEL/GS-15 ACQUISITION LEADER ASSESSMENT PROGRAM (ALAP) PARTICIPANT SELECTEE RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT, ISSUED: [8/25/2021 1:04:50 PM]. The officers and civilians selected to participate in the COL/GS15 equivalent ALAP will be prepositioned 26 August 2021. The COL/GS15 equivalent ALAP Participation selectee list will be publicly released at 0730 (EDT) on 31 August 2021 via the Command Management Division Human Resources Command webpage. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
e. MILPER MESSAGE 21-316, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR OFFICERS REQUESTING TO DEFER PROMOTION CONSIDERATION (OPT OUT) FROM THE FY22 COL AMEDD PSB, ISSUED: [8/25/2021 1:05:57 PM]. This MILPER message describes eligibility criteria and procedures for an officer to request deferment of consideration for promotion (Opt Out) from the FY22 Army Medical Department Corps (AMEDD) Colonel (COL) Promotion Selection Board (PSB). https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
f. MILPER MESSAGE 21-317, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR OFFICERS REQUESTING TO DEFER PROMOTION CONSIDERATION (OPT OUT) FROM THE FY22 LTC AMEDD PSB, ISSUED: [8/25/2021 1:07:27 PM]. This MILPER message describes eligibility criteria and procedures for an officer to request deferment of consideration for promotion (Opt Out) from the FY22 Army Department (AMEDD) Lieutenant Colonel (LTC) Promotion Selection Board (PSB). https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
g. MILPER MESSAGE 21-318, COLONEL COMMANDER ASSESSMENT PROGRAM (CCAP) PARTICIPANT ATTENDANCE IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE FISCAL YEAR 2023 (FY23) COLONEL (COL) ARMY COMPETITIVE CATEGORY (ACC) CENTRALIZED SELECTION LIST (CSL) – COMMAND/GENERAL STAFF BOARDS ANNOUNCEMENT, ISSUED: [8/25/2021 1:22:51 PM]. The list of Officers selected to attend the CCAP has been posted on the Command Management Division webpage. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milpe
11. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 20 Aug 21). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
12. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. USAR LEGAL COMMAND, ADOS-RC, WO1/CW2/CW3/270A OR 420A, HHC XO, GAITHERSBURG, MD. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. TPU FIRST SERGEANT (1SG), 345 FIELD HOSPITAL (FH), NAS JAX, FL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. 226TH ETOE COMMANDER, TPU OFFICER VACANCY, WILMINGTON, NC, CPT-MAJ. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. CIVIL WORKS DIRECTORATE, UNITED STATES ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, ADOS, O3-O4/12A, ASSISTANT DIRECTOR VACANCY, WASHINGTON D.C. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
e. ARMY RESERVE SUSTAINMENT COMMAND (ARSC) DEPUTY COMMANDER OFFICER VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT, COL, BIRMINGHAM, AL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
f. HHC, 364TH SUSTAINMENT COMMAND (EXPEDITIONARY) (ESC), TPU, OFFICER/WARRANT/ENLISTED VACANCIES, MARYSVILLE, WA WITH THAILAND/GUAM/AUSTRALIA AT OPPORTUNITIES. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/