1. THE ADJUTANT GENERAL (TAG) SENDS: ENLISTED EVALUATION BOARDS, AFGHANISTAN RETROGRADE UNIT AWARDS, IPPS-A UPDATE. From BG Gregory S. Johnson, TAG 63: Thank you for all the hard work! We see your efforts in the field and appreciate what you are accomplishing as we push the AG Corps to meet the needs of our ever-evolving Army. The intent of the TAG Sends is to highlight some of these changes. As we move towards the IPPS-A brownout and IPPS-A Go-Live, it is imperative that you focus on data accuracy. Please make sure Soldiers and Officers are updating their SRB/ORB information prior to the upcoming brownout. Lots of reasons this is important, but specifically need your attention here. Four topic updates this month. Enlisted Evaluation Board Process, November Unit Promotion Board change, Afghanistan Retrograde Unit Awards, and an IPPS-A Update. Some key points in this TAG Sends listed below. View the entire message at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. Enlisted Evaluations Board Process and Board Schedule, including an LPD brief on the Evaluations Board Process.
b. Due to maintenance impacting the automated Promotion Point Worksheet (PPW), we ask units to conduct November 2022 promotion boards immediately and complete them no later than 7 November 2022. Soldiers successfully recommended for promotion must be integrated onto the PPW NLT 7 November 2022, without exception.
c. Afghan Retrograde MUC/PUC Submission. Meritorious Unit Commendation (MUC), Presidential Unit Citation (PUC), and individual award submissions for all units that supported the Afghanistan Retrograde Mission, OAR, and OAW are due to HRC NLT November 7th or November 21st respectively. To help facilitate, the Awards and Decorations Branch is conducting weekly Working Group with G1s every Thursday at 1100 EST for timely and consistent processing of these awards.
d. IPPS-A Update. Before Go Live, the HRC IPPS-A team will lead an Army-wide IPPS-A Exercise from 7-10 November 2022. This event will demonstrate system processing via personnel action requests and the execution of Business Processes from end to end. We ask that all HR professionals participate to the maximum extent to gain user experience. In the following days, an EXORD will be published with details. If all conditions are met, the plan is to start brownout of Legacy HR Systems no earlier than 10 November 2022. Brownout dates are not set yet and are conditional based off of final testing. Please continue to set conditions in your organizations and complete mandatory IPPS-A training prior to 4 November 2022 and focus on data accuracy.
e. Records Updates: Remind Soldier’s to continue to update their Soldier Record Briefs (SRB, ORB). Soldiers will be unable to update their records during BOCO. Personnel data can still be updated after the BOCO, but any changes won’t be visible to centralized boards until the Record Brief is recreated in the coming months.
f. As a recommendation to S1s during BOCO, 1) Continue to pull/refresh queries that you may need during Brownout/cut over from EDAS, WEBEDAS, TOPMIS, COPS, eMILPO Datastore. Anything related to personnel readiness (projections, flags, restrictions, non-deployables, etc). 2) Anticipate your Commanders’ questions on personnel readiness – USR is a monthly battle rhythm.
2. TPU PROMOTION TO 1LT. From the Army Reserve CMO: Basic Branch TPU promotion to 1LT is normally automatic and orders generated by HRC when a 2LT reaches 18 month time in grade as long as the following criteria is met: The officer is NOT flagged, and promotion documents are uploaded into the Soldier’s iPERMS. If you’re a 2LT who was not automatically promoted to 1LT or there’s an officer in your unit that this applies to, then there will NOT be an automatic second look to promote to 1LT. Instead once it is confirmed the 2LT meets the above criteria, then an ePAT action must be initiated and routed to your GFC to forward to HRC for orders to be generated. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. IPPS-A ITEMS.
a. IPPS-A “A DAY IN THE LIFE” WEBINAR SERIES – MONTHLY REPORTS AND PROMOTION ROSTERS – 2 NOV 22. Attached is the CONOP for the IPPS-A “A Day in the Life” Webinar Series on Monthly Reports and Promotion Rosters. The FMD Training Team will be conducting two sessions on 2 NOV 22 at 1100 EDT and 1900 EDT. These sessions will cover the Decentralized Promotion Roster, Semi-Centralized Promotion Roster, Restrictions Report, SFPA Report and the Awards Roster. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. IPPS-A COUNCIL OF COLONELS – 27 OCT 2022. Attached is the slide deck for IPPS-A’s monthly Council of Colonels meeting that takes place on 27 OCT 2022. HR leaders across the US Army will receive real-time updates from program FMD leads on the progression of IPPS-A. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
4. BRANCH/COMMAND ITEMS.
a. AGCRA NEWSLETTER # 40. Items in this edition include military retirees and dependents with ID cards that don’t expire need to get replacements within 4 years, the AGCRA Arctic Adjutants Chapter food drive, Vicenza (Italy) military community retiree appreciation day, and AGCRA Alamo Chapter Toys for Tots. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. Recently published DOD and Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/
a. ALARACT 073/2022, ARMY SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY (CUI), DTG: R 271153Z OCT 22. This message provides information to ensure Army compliance with DOD social media use policy. New and emerging platforms: Public affairs and social media managers must not test, use, or otherwise engage on new platforms (including on personal devices) prior to Defense Information System Agency review and approval for official use. Public affairs and social media managers must coordinate with the component’s chief information officer before submitting a request through DISA’s DOD application vetting environment. DOD personnel must not use personal social media accounts for official purposes of conveying DOD information or official DOD positions. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
6. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. None. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/
7. S1NET MEMBER/UNIT CONTRIBUTIONS. The following unit/individually developed products or information have been contributed to S1NET for the use and benefit of all members/units. These products have not been reviewed nor sanctioned by TRADOC or the AG School, and may be specific to the unit/component/location.
a. WORK CARE PLAN – INITIAL COUNSELING FOR NEW SERVICE MEMBERS AT HOLDING/RECEPTION/TRANSITION UNITS. “Attached are templates I created for new members arriving at the Welcome, Integration, and Transition Center (WITC) of the United States Cyber Command at Fort Meade, MD. Since USCYBERCOM is reliant on the National Security Agency’s security procedures, service members newly assigned to USCYBERCOM can spend anywhere from four weeks to six months trying to get through the additional security checks necessary to begin their work. The Work Care Plan is meant to help service members devise a plan to improve their professional development (the Work Plan) and their personal welfare (the Care Plan) during this mandatory wait time. Examples include Navy, Air Force, and Army templates at Fort Meade.” Contributed by LTC Tenay Benes. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
8. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 14 OCT 22). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. JOPES ANALYST | ARIFJAN, KUWAIT | E7 | 88N | SECRET | ASAP | 365 days. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. AVIATION OPERATIONS NCO | AMMAN, JORDAN | E7 | All COMBAT ARMS MOS AND 15P MOS Acceptable | TS/SCI | ASAP | 365 days. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. AIR MOVEMENT NCO | ARIFJAN, KUWAIT | E6 | 88N | SECRET | NOV2022 | 365 days. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. MEDLOG NCO | IRAQ | E7 | 68J | SECRET | NOV2022 | 365 days. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
9. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. USAR, 3RD LOGISTICS CIVIL AUGMENTATION PROGRAM (LOGCAP) SUPPORT BATTALION, DEPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY CENTCOM AOR, MULTIPLE VACANCIES (OFFICER AND ENLISTED), BIRMINGHAM, AL. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. OKARNG AGR ANNOUNCEMENT 22-45, 1LT/CPT, O1A OSU ASST. PROFESSOR OF MILITARY SCIENCE, STILLWATER, OK. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. 647TH REGIONAL SUPPORT GROUP, E5-E9, W2, AND O3-O4 TPU VACANCIES, WICHITA, KS. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. TPU OFFICER VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT, PREVENTATIVE MEDICINE OFFICER (60C), HHC, 352D CIVIL AFFAIRS COMMAND (CACOM), FORT MEADE, MD. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/