1. BROADENING OPPORTUNITIES. From HRC Army Education Programs Branch:
a. FY21 BROADENING OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM PANEL – APPLICATION DEADLINE (09 APRIL 2021). As a reminder, the last Broadening Opportunity Program Panel for FY21 will convene 11 – 14 May 2021. The application deadline for the following programs is 09 April 2021: Army Congressional Fellowship, JJCS/OSD/ARSTAF Internship, and General (R) Wayne A. Downing Scholarship. Additionally, applications for the Harvard Strategist Program (which has no HRC panel) are due no later than 16 April 2021. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-953550
b. FY22 BROADENING OPPORTUNITY CATALOG AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF PROGRAMS. Please see the attached (at following link) FY22 Broadening Opportunity Program Catalog and announcement of programs. The FY21 Catalog is still in effect but applicants are encouraged to review and start applying for these programs where candidates will be considered for selection in September 2021. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955347
2. AC OFFICER PROMOTION ORDERS, APRIL 2021. CW2 and 1LT orders for Apr 21 have been added. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-954228
3. MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MOU) BETWEEN THE ADJUTANT GENERAL SCHOOL AND WEBSTER UNIVERSITY. From the AG Proponent: The Adjutant General School has an MOU with Webster University that provides qualified students enrolled in the Masters of Arts in Human Resources Management (HRMG), Masters of Business Administration (MBA), or Masters of Arts in Management & Leadership (MNGT&L) 6-12 semester hours of transfer credits. This program has been officially extended to Human Resources Technicians who graduated AGWOBC and / or AGWOAC and is available for Compo 1, 2, and 3. See the MOU at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955819
4. ARMY TALENT MANAGEMENT TASK FORCE (ATMTF) WEEKLY SITREP 8-21 MAR 2021. This SITREP contains information/updates on the following: The Army’s 3d Annual Talent Management Planning Conference, Army Talent Alignment Process (ATAP), Telework, Army Data Literacy Program, Appointment Automation, Army Coaching Program (ACP), and Alternate Promotion Authority. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955574
5. HRC MILITARY SCHOOLS BRANCH (ENLISTED) ITEMS.
a. FY23 U.S. ARMY CONGRESSIONAL FELLOWSHIP. HRC, Military Schools Branch is currently accepting applications for the U.S. Army Congressional Fellowship. All applications MUST be received no later than 9 April 2021. Eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to: be in the grade of E8 or E9 (E8 DOR earlier than 01 May 2020), able to complete entire program (ending 31 December 2023), be current on all NCOES requirements for grade. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955745
b. SERGEANTS MAJOR ACADEMY (SGM-A) FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM. The Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Center of Excellence (NCOLCoE) and the Army Sergeants Major Academy (SGM-A) Fellowship Program targets Sergeants Major who have demonstrated the potential and a strong desire to be an educator of future Sergeants Major. This fellowship program directly supports the CSA’s top priorities focusing on “People” and “Readiness” by providing graduate level instructors who can deliver an undergraduate level program of instruction at the SGM-A. Active Component (AC) and U.S. Army Reserve (USAR) Service Members, please submit the packets no later than 15 Aug 2021. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955771
6. BRANCH/COMMAND ITEMS.
a. THE APRIL ALx BULLETIN IS COMING! From the Inform Cell, HQ, Combined Arms Center: April’s ALx Bulletin is coming out Wednesday. Sign up to receive a monthly roll up of Training and Doctrine Command’s (TRADOC’s) latest and greatest products delivered to your email in a simple, organized package. The ALx Bulletin is designed to be a one-stop shop for everything you need to stay current with our profession. It’s everything you need to improve your readiness and lethality including: doctrine, professional publications, documentaries, podcasts and more! https://www.milsuite.mil/book/message/930895
b. 157TH INFANTRY BRIGADE (CAMP ATTERBURY, INDIANA) TOWN HALL FOR 22-01 MOVERS. The Brigade Commander for the 157th Infantry Brigade will host a Town Hall via MS Teams for all 22-01 movers at 1400 EST on 20 April 2021. The 157th IN BDE coaches, teaches, and trains partnered Reserve Component (RC) formations within the Midwest region (American Heartland) surrounding Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, The Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas to enable them to meet HQDA training readiness objectives and Combatant Commander requirements. Projected vacancies include CPTs (02A, 19A, 35A, 70H, 90A) and WOs (915A and 920A). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955283
7. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/default.aspx
a. ALARACT 028/2021, 37TH ANNUAL DAVID E. GRANGE JR. BEST RANGER COMPETITION (FOUO), DTG: R 291325Z MAR 21. On behalf of MG Donohoe, Commander, U.S. Army Maneuver Center of Excellence, the Airborne and Ranger Training Brigade (ARTB) would like to announce the 37th Annual David E. Grange Jr. Best Ranger Competition to take place from 16 through 19 April 2021 at Fort Benning, GA. This challenging event is open to all Ranger-qualified active duty, reserve, and national guard service members. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955992
8. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper. All Military Pay E-Messages are available on milBook at https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/milpaye-messages.
a. MILPER MESSAGE 21-095, RESERVE COMPONENT FOREIGN AREA OFFICER ACCESSIONS PANEL, ISSUED: [3/29/2021 2:26:08 PM]. This message provides procedural guidance for the FY 21-02 Reserve Component (RC) Foreign Area Officer (FAO) accessions panel. The panel will convene on or about 25-26 May 2021. Functional Area (FA) 48 is a secondary Area of Concentration (AOC) for RC FAO officers. The goal of this program is to fill critical RC skill shortages in the FAO Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA) program. https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/21-095
9. S1NET MEMBER REQUESTS. The following requests for assistance have been made by S1NET members. If you can help those requesting assistance, please do so.
a. UPDATES TO AR 25-50? “Anyone happen to have a PowerPoint class/training regarding the updates to AR 25-50? Thank you in advance!” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/thread/250919
10. FORSCOM WIAS POSITIONS (UPDATED A/O 26 MAR 21). Hot openings listed at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/forscom-wias
a. Multiple openings in support of the Federal COVID Response Task Force formerly Operation WARP SPEED in Washington D.C. starting 15APR21. Interested Service Members must be 01A / O2-O6; 90A / O3-O4; 42A / E6-E7. Positions include XO to Chief of Operations, Battle Captain, and Legislative Liaison. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-871989
b. J1 Director in support of joint operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Interested Service Members must be 42H / O-4(P) – O-6 and will be responsible for reporting directly to the Commanding General, and advise them on all administrative matters for the command. 2x Locations: Baghdad, Iraq and Kabul, Afghanistan. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-871989
c. Food Service Supervisor in support Operation Inherent Resolve. Interested Service Members must be 922A / W3 – W5 and will be responsible for supervising all Class I distribution throughout ARCENT’s AOR. Location: Camp Arifjan, Kuwait. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-871989
d. Ops Advisor in support of Operation Freedom Sentinel (OFS). Interested Service Members must be a 15T /E5-E7 and will be a part of the establishment of a UH-60 Aircrew Advisors Train, Advise and Assist (TAA) Mission. Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-871989
11. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-375787. Units/commands who wish to post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message Summary. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/jobannouncementsmobvacancies
a. I CORPS G6, ADOS-AC POSITION, W3/4 255N, JBLM, WA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-951666
b. CONTINGENCY RESPONSE UNIT (CRU) MULTIPLE TPU VACANCIES/12A-O5 (NCR), WASHINGTON, DC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955164
c. (J1 OIC/NCOIC- 42H CPT-MAJ / 42A SSG-SFC) (J4 NCOIC- 92Y SSG-SFC ) AND (INSTRUCTOR PILOT (IP) NCO-15T SGT-SSG) ALL COMPONENTS IN SUPPORT OPERATION FREEDOM SENTINEL (OFS) TRAIN, ADVISE AND ASSIST (TAA) MISSION. LOCATION: KABUL, AFGHANISTAN. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955169
d. TPU COMPANY/DET COMMAND OPPORTUNITIES (90A/BI) IN GERMANY WITH THE 510TH RSG. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955309
e. 29TH INFANTRY DIVISION, FORT BELVOIR, VIRGINIA, MULTIPLE OFFICER AND ENLISTED TOD VACANCIES, UPCOMING MOBILIZATION LOCATIONS IN CENTCOM REGION, STARTING 16 MAY 2021, FROM FORT HOOD, TX. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-955663