1. RECOMMEND IMPROVEMENTS TO THE U.S. ARMY RETIREMENT PLANNING GUIDE. From Army Retirement Services: Retiring from the Army in the next 5 years? We’d like your thoughts on improving the 2019 U.S. Army Retirement Planning Guide. Download it fromhttps://soldierforlife.army.
2. JOIN THE IPPS-A TEAM. The Integrated Personal and Pay System – Army (IPPS-A) Team is seeking talented Army Officers, Warrant Officers, and Non-commissioned Officers for immediate assignment consideration within Team IPPS-A, with duty in Arlington, VA or Fort Knox, KY (HRC). Your role will include: Helping to solve the Army’s HR data and IT infrastructure dilemma: Researching and developing relevant data and software solutions to be implemented within IPPS-A and integrated with other Authoritative Data Sources (ADS); Reverse engineering existing data flows and sources to target mappings; and Working with cross-functional teams to ensure end-to-end technical and business viability. Visit the following link for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
3. PERSON TO PERSON PERIODIC HEALTH ASSESSMENT (PHA). From OTSG: Please visit the following link for guidance on completing a person to person PHA. DoDI 6200.06 (Periodic Health Assessment Program (PHA)), published on 8 September 2016, allows “person-to-person” (telephone or video teleconference dialogue with an individual that is conducted in a private setting) in lieu of a “face-to-face” (an encounter when the individuals are physically in the presence of each other) assessments for completion of the PHA on an electronic DD Form 3024. Army Regulation 40-501 (Standards of Medical Fitness) supports the DoDI (and is not more restrictive). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
4. EXPIRED 1 JAN 2019 – SECTION 1074M OF TITLE 10 OF THE U.S. CODE ONLY DHA-IPM, 18-002, “GUIDANCE FOR SERVICE IMPLEMENTATION OF IN-THEATER MENTAL HEALTH ASSESSMENTS.” From OTSG: Please be aware that Section 1074m of Title 10 of the U.S. Code only DHA-IPM, 18-002, “Guidance for Service Implementation of In-Theater Mental Health Assessments” expired January 1, 2019. There is no longer a requirement to administer one MHA during each 180-day period in which a Service member is deployed. The Services are encouraged to continue to use other programs and policies already in place to identify, manage, and prevent stress-related disorders that could arise in a deployed setting. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
5. ARMY RESERVE PAY MESSAGES.
a. ARMY RESERVE PAY MESSAGE 19-09, FEBRUARY 2019 UNIT PAY REPORTS. The Feb 2019 Unit Commander’s Pay Management Report (UCPMR) and the Feb 2019 Master Military Pay Account (MMPA) 2405 reports are available in RLAS for downloading. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. ARMY RESERVE PAY MESSAGE 19-10, PROCESSING VA FORM 21-8951-2 (NOTICE OF WAIVER OF VETERANS AFFAIRS (VA) COMPENSATION TO RECEIVE MILITARY PAY AND ALLOWANCES). Law prohibits Soldiers from receiving VA disability compensation (VA DC) and military pay for the same day. At the beginning of each Fiscal Year (FY) Soldiers receiving VA DC must decide whether to retain VA DC or their military pay for days of inactive or active duty. In most cases, it is financially beneficial for Soldiers to receive their military pay and waive their VA DC. Soldiers needing to make a decision about which compensation to retain and waive should view the USARC G8 Pay Management Division (PMD) video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?
6. COMMAND/INSTALLATION ANNOUNCEMENTS. These announcements only apply to the command/installation noted.
a. UPDATE: USAREUR HR PROFESSIONALS FORUM. This message is a reminder for the USAREUR HR Professionals Forum, 10 May 2019 at the Armstrong Club on Vogelweh Kaserne (Kaiserslautern), Germany, 0900-1700. Guest speakers and attendees will include senior leaders from USAREUR, DA G1, HRC, SSI and the IPPS-A team. Expect a great information exchange and networking opportunity. All military ranks and civilian grades are welcome! Visit the following link for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
7. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/
a. ALARACT 016/2019, BLENDED RETIREMENT SYSTEM (BRS) CONTINUATION PAY (CP) IMPLEMENTATION GUIDANCE, DTG: R 051213Z MAR 19. This message provides additional administrative procedures necessary to enhance the implementation and execution of the Army’s CP policy. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
8. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/
a. MILPER MESSAGE 19-080, FISCAL YEAR (FY) 2020 WARRANT OFFICER APPLICATIONS FOR ACTIVE DUTY AND RESERVE VETERINARY CORPS (VC) FOOD SAFETY OFFICER (MOS 640A), ISSUED: [3/4/2019 1:18:25 PM]. This message, which replaces MILPER Message 10-077, solicits applications from qualified active duty and reserve enlisted personnel for the FY20 Veterinary Corps Food Safety Warrant Officer Training Program. Application deadline is 13 August 2019. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
b. MILPER MESSAGE 19-081, AMENDMENT TO MILPER MESSAGE 19-011, CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2020 UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE (USAR) LIEUTENANT COLONEL (LTC) TROOP PROGRAM UNIT (TPU) AND ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR) COMMAND BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT, ISSUED: [3/6/2019 3:45:24 PM]. See the message for changes. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
c. MILPER MESSAGE 19-082, AGR OFFICER PROMOTION NUMBERS FOR APRIL 2019, ISSUED: [3/7/2019 2:32:03 PM]. This message announces the USAR AGR officer promotion numbers for April. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
d. MILPER MESSAGE 19-083, AC OFFICER PROMOTION NUMBERS FOR APRIL 2019, ISSUED: [3/7/2019 2:05:43 PM]. This message announces the AC officer promotion numbers for April 2019. https://www.hrc.army.mil/
9. S1NET MEMBER/UNIT CONTRIBUTIONS. The following unit/individually developed products or information have been contributed to S1NET for the use and benefit of all members/units. These products have not been reviewed nor sanctioned by TRADOC or the AG School, and may be specific to the unit/component/location.
a. 1-38TH IN BN PAC SLIP. Contributed by CPT Victoria Lemmert. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. MILITARY PARENTAL LEAVE PROGRAM SAMPLE BRIEFS AND SAMPLE CAREGIVER REQUEST. Contributed by SGT Arthur Morrill, CW3 Lydia Thomas, and CW3 Cassy Randolph. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
10. AG CORPS/OTHER BRANCH ITEMS.
a. AGCRA EUROPEAN CHAPTER AG BALL. Calling all HR Professionals, Civilians, Officers, NCOs and Soldiers across Europe and beyond. We invite and encourage members of all branches to join us for the 2019 AGCRA European Chapter AG Ball. This premier event will take place on Saturday, 11 May 2019. Golf Scramble at Ramstein’s Woodlawn Golf Course in the morning and the European AG Ball in the evening at the Armstrong Club on Vogelweh Kaserne (Kaiserslautern). Visit the following link for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
11. FORSCOM WORLDWIDE INDIVIDUAL AUGMENTATION SYSTEM (WIAS) REQUIREMENTS. Visit the FORSCOM WIAS topic on S1NET at the following link. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. FORSCOM WIAS HIGH PRIORITY POSITIONS. We continue to recruit all Army component Soldiers for missions around the globe. All positions are open to all Army Components unless otherwise specified. This post lists positions which are overdue and are critical vacancies. They are considered a priority fill above all of our other requirements due to their overdue status, and we will accommodate a minimum 30 day reporting window for all positions listed. Our full working list of requirements is also attached for full visibility. Please be advised this is a working list that is tasked to our Corps and MSCs and cannot be promised to applicants without a complete packet. We will update this posting bi-weekly to provide the most up to date opportunities. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
12. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
a. 457TH CBRN BN, TPU, O2/O3, MULTIPLE VACANCIES (HHC CDR, S4,) GREENVILLE, SC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
b. (TPU) FIRST SERGEANT (1SG) POSITION VACANCY FOR 467TH EN BN FORWARD SUPPORT COMPANY (FSC), MILLINGTON,TN. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
c. 208TH DIGITAL LIAISON DETACHMENT, TPU MULTIPLE OFFICER/ENLISTED VACANCIES, FT. CARSON, CO. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
d. FORSCOM OPS STF OFFICER (01A/O3) – OPADOS, FORT BRAGG, NC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/
e. 982ND COMBAT CAMERA, TPU, CPT(P)/MAJ/25A, COMMANDER, EAST POINT, GA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/