1. CONSOLIDATED EXCEPTIONS TO POLICY CONCERNING ENLISTED PROMOTIONS DURING THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK, 7 OCT 20. Memo from the Army G-1: This memo is applicable to the Regular Army (RA) and U.S. Army Reserve (USAR). Effective with the November 2020 promotion month, promotion to all NCO ranks across all MOSs requires Soldiers be fully qualified, to include completion of the requisite professional military education (PME) course. The previously published PME exception to policy programs for deployed NCOs is reinstated across all MOSs. All other previously announced exceptions established in reference 1b, this memo, that do not relate to PME remain in place. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-758819
2. ENHANCED ARMY READINESS THROUGH INCREASED MILITARY SPOUSE EMPLOYMENT. Memo from the Army G-1: The quality of life of our military families directly affects Army readiness and the retention of Soldiers, and is a priority for the Secretary of the Army. Increasing military spouse employment is a means to improve the quality of life for military families. This memorandum (attached at the following link) from the DCS, G-1, LTG Gary Brito, highlights the value that military spouses bring to the workforce, and asks Army leaders, managers, and supervisors, as well as the human resource community to support their employment. To improve military spouse employment, hiring managers should consider all available hiring options, such as Direct Hire Authorities, non-competitive reassignments and remote work, where feasible. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-880598
3. AC OFFICER PROMOTION ORDERS, OCTOBER 2020 UPDATED (7 OCT 2020). CPT orders for JA and CH have been added, along with orders for CW4 and CW5. Orders for CW3 are expected to be added to this link by Monday. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-874313
4. BRANCH/COMMAND ITEMS.
a. UNITED STATES ARMY TRAINING CENTER (USATC), FORT JACKSON, SC, IS HIRING TALENT IN THE 21-02 MANNING CYCLE. The USATC is seeking talented officers (2LT to LTC) to serve in key developmental positions (General Officer staff, BDE staff, Battalion Operations Officer, Battalion Executive Officer, Company Commander, Company Executive Officer, and Platoon Trainer/Instructor) on the staff of the Army Training Center, and within the 193rd and 165th Infantry Training Brigades. If interested, preference United States Army Training Center in your 21-02 Assignment Interactive Module 2 (AIM2) marketplace. Visit the following link for more information. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-879690
b. AIM 21-02 OPPORTUNITIES – 1-2 SBCT, JBLM, WA. The 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team (1-2 SBCT) is looking for confident dynamic leaders who can think critically and creatively, possess a strong sense of self and resiliency. The 1-2 SBCT sustains a high level of operational readiness to provide geographic combatant commands with a trained and resilient formation, prepared to deploy anywhere in the world to win the nation’s wars. If you have been identified as a mover for the 21-02 AIM cycle and think you would be a good fit for the Ghost team, we want you! Visit the following link for more information, and to set up an interview. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/message/902420
5. Recently published Army Directives (AD) and All Army Activity (ALARACT) messages. New ALARACTs and ADs are also posted on APD at the following link. https://armypubs.army.mil/default.aspx
a. ALARACT 080/2020, URGENT – UPDATE ARMY GUIDANCE FOR FILING PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS) AND TEMPORARY DUTY (TDY) TRAVEL CLAIM FOR SOLDIERS IMPACTED BY THE CORONA VIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) AND MILITARY PAY AND ALLOWANCES FLOWCHART (FOUO), DTG: R 061220Z OCT 20. This ALARACT replaces ALARACT 029/2020 and provides clarification guidance for filing PCS or TDY travel claims when Soldiers and/or dependents travel was impacted by COVID-19 in accordance with the provisions set forth in ALARACT 054/2020. It further clarifies the restriction of movement requirement and impact to entitlements. Included as attachments are COVID-19 Pay And Allowances Flowchart, 28 SEP 20, Sample DD Form 1610 (COVID-19 Travel Delay), Sample DA Form 4187 (Personnel Action), and Military Pay E-Message 20-018, Subject: Hardship Duty Pay – Restriction of Movement Due to COVID-19 (HDP-ROM). https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-881545
b. ALARACT 081/2020, FISCAL YEAR 2020 CHIEF OF STAFF, ARMY, LOGISTICS EXCELLENCE AWARDS PROGRAM WINNERS AND RUNNERS-UP (FOUO), DTG: R 061410Z OCT 20. This message announces the winners and runners-up of the fiscal year 2020 Army Award for Maintenance Excellence (AAME), Deployment Excellence Award (DEA), and Supply Excellence Award (SEA) Programs. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-881546
c. ALARACT 082/2020, FISCAL YEAR 2021 APPROVED CLOTHING BAG LIST, CLOTHING REPLACEMENT ALLOWANCE, AND CASH ALLOWANCE (FOUO), DTG: R 061615Z OCT 20. The purpose of this message is to announce the approved FY 2021 male and female clothing initial clothing allowances, Regular Army enlisted Soldiers clothing replacement allowance (CRA); and initial entry Soldiers cash allowances. The effective date for this message is 01 October 2020. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-881549
d. ALARACT 083/2020, ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 2019 SECRETARY OF THE ARMY AWARDS FOR IMPROVING PUBLICATIONS WINNERS, DTG: R 061630Z OCT 20. This message announces the winners of the 2019 Secretary of the Army Awards for Improving Publications. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-881552
e. ALARACT 084/2020, 2020 SECRETARY OF THE ARMY AWARDS FOR IMPROVING PUBLICATIONS, DTG: R 062043Z OCT 20. The Army Publishing Directorate (APD) is accepting nominations for the 2020 Secretary of the Army Awards for Improving Publications. The awards recognize military and civilian personnel who have made superior contributions in publications. The period of consideration is 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020, and nominations are due to APD by 20 November 2020. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-881553
6. Recently published Military Personnel (MILPER) messages and Military Pay E-Messages. All MILPER messages are available on the HRC MILPER web page at https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper. All Military Pay E-Messages are available on milBook at https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/milpaye-messages.
a. MILITARY PAY E-MESSAGE 20-051, FISCAL YEAR (FY) 2021 MILITARY CLOTHING REPLACEMENT RATES. The purpose of this message is to provide information on the new Clothing Allowances effective October 1, 2020. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-879299
b. MILPER MESSAGE 20-327, BATTALION COMMANDER ASSESSMENT PROGRAM (BCAP) PARTICIPANT ATTENDANCE IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE FISCAL YEAR 2022 (FY22) LIEUTENANT COLONEL (LTC) ARMY COMPETITIVE CATEGORY (ACC) CENTRALIZED SELECTION LIST (CSL) – COMMAND/GENERAL STAFF BOARDS ANNOUNCEMENT, ISSUED: [10/7/2020 6:18:53 AM]. The Chief of Staff of the Army is continuing the additional step to the ACC Command and Key Billet CSL process, the Battalion Commander Assessment Program (BCAP). The purpose of the BCAP is to expand the Army’s understanding of each officer’s talents and assess their readiness for command. Officers will travel to Fort Knox, KY, to attend 1 of 12 cohorts, which includes 4 days of assessments and travel days on both ends. The initial cohort Day 0 is NLT 30 October 2020, and the last cohort departure day is 17 November 2020. https://www.hrc.army.mil/PrintPreview/Milper/20-327
7. S1NET MEMBER REQUESTS. The following requests for assistance have been made by S1NET members. If you can help those requesting assistance, please do so.
a. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES AND PROCESSES SLIDE DECK FOR A LOCAL COMPANY COMMANDER AND 1SG PRE-COMMAND COURSE? ” We have a local company commander and 1SG Pre-Command Course here. The G1 gives a class on administrative policies and processes important to the command team, i.e. flags, evaluations, LODs, ABCP etc. Right now there are 48 slides that I would like to condense. Just wanted to know if anyone has a slide deck already out there.” https://www.milsuite.mil/book/message/902491
8. ARNG/USAR POSITIONS/JOBS AVAILABLE. S1NET members have posted the following RC position/job vacancy information. For a listing of all USAR primary vacancies (updated weekly) visit https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-375787. Units/commands who wish to post vacancies on S1NET may do so by following the instructions posted on the front page of the Job Announcements topic at the following link. Those posts which are in the correct location and which are posted in accordance with the instructions provided will be included in a future S1NET Message Summary. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/community/spaces/apf/s1net/jobannouncementsmobvacancies
a. O4 LEADER DEVELOPMENT POSITION, FORSCOM FORT BRAGG, NC. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-880013
b. 7TH ILE DETACHMENT (CGSOC), O-5/LTC, TPU, INSTRUCTOR POSITIONS, GRAFENWOEHR, GERMANY. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-542214
c. COMMANDER VACANCY (O3) – COMPANY C (SIGNAL) HHBN, 29TH INFANTRY DIVISION (DEPLOYMENT), CHELTENHAM, MD. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-880100
d. DETACHMENT COMMANDER/ TPU O3, 66H, DET OF 399TH FIELD HOSPITAL, PORTSMOUTH, NH. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-880626
e. MULTIPLE RC COADOS OPPORTUNITIES IN EUROPE, 2ND THEATER SIGNAL BRIGADE, VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN GERMANY, POLAND, KOSOVO, ITALY, ROMANIA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-881054
f. 948TH TRANSPORTATION COMPANY (SPOC) MULTIPLE VACANCIES, MARYSVILLE, WA. https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-881427