1. Why AGCRA?
(a) The most common question asked of the AGCRA President is, “AGCRA – What’s in it for me?” This is a fair question because AGCRA members should be informed about their Association to better understand and appreciate what AGCRA has to offer. The AGCRA provides its members with both visible and not-so-visible benefits.
Did you know:
* Your AGCRA membership counts towards recertification credit for the aPHR/PHR/SPHR certifications.
* That Being a member of AGCRA automatically comes with an associate digital AUSA membership and includes all AUSA member discounts.
* As an AGCRA member, you and your immediate family can compete for academic scholarships annually.
* That AGCRA members have access to other members as a network of Army HR professionals and Bandsmen comprised of Active, Reserve, National Guard, Veterans, Retirees, and Civilians worldwide for mentorship, job opportunities, and professional development.
(b) When the Army transitioned to a Brigade-centric force in 2005, the Army’s HR Community became more dispersed. Gone are the old PSBs, Personnel Groups, and theater PERSCOMs. Army HR professionals are now more likely in smaller or dispersed G1 Directorates, Recruiting Brigades / Battalions, Bands, Brigade / Battalion S1 Sections, theater-level HR units, and IMCOM MPDs. A Professional AG / HR organization that can reach across all Army components is needed now more than ever. AGCRA continues to serve as the Army’s Professional AG / HR organization, but again, we need your help.
2. The Association’s website, AGCRA.com, is new and improved. We have 100% functionality, and the website allows you to:
* View Army HR and AGCRA blogs, news, information, and announcements.
* See each separate AGCRA Chapter’s web page here.
* Contact AGCRA National Executive Council (NEC) members here.
* View AGCRA Awards information / criteria.
* Shop Online at the Sutler Store for AG Corps and AGCRA merchandise.
* AGCRA memberships can be purchased here.
3. New to AGCRA.com are:
* Since its inception in 2010, an AG Corps Hall of Fame (HOF) and Distinguished Member of the Corps (DMOC) section. Note – the HOF and DMOC Programs are the responsibility of and executed by the Chief of the Corps at the AG School, Fort Jackson, SC.
* An AG Corps / AGCRA History section.
* Access to all “1775”, the AGCRA’s Professional Journal digital copies.
4. AGCRA Chapters are critical to informing, promoting, and encouraging AG / HR programs and initiatives. We solicit your support to maintain or stand up AGCRA Chapters. Please seek out motivated junior leaders to lead and actively participate as local AGCRA Chapter Officers. The widespread involvement of junior AG / HR leaders within local Chapters will preclude the notion that AGCRA is an Association for senior leaders only.
5. AGCRA initiatives include:
(a) First-ever AG Corps Print and Giclee by the world-renowned artist Mort Kunstler can be purchased from our Sutler Store. AG Corps Print and Giclee sales have funded the annual AGCRA Scholarship Program.
Corps Print and Giclee sales and generous donations from our members continue to be the Association’s funding source for annual scholarships to AGCRA members and their dependents.
(b) The annual AGCRA Scholarship Program.
Our program provides annual $1,000 scholarships to Board selected AGCRA members or their dependents.
Additionally, if the scholarship recipient maintains a B average during their first year in college, then AGCRA automatically renews the $1,000 scholarship for an additional second year.
(c) AGCRA is the new host for the National AG Corps Ball held in Columbia, SC, each June. AGCRA also actively supports other AG Balls around the Army through our local Association Chapters.
(d) Through our AGCRA Chapters, we execute several LTG Timothy J. Maude Memorial Golf Tournaments, which support the AGCRA Maude Fund dedicated to supporting the Maude Leadership Lecture Series and other Soldier initiatives.
6. In summary:
- If you are not a member, we ask you to Join – we need you!
- When registering, please use your personal or home e-mail address as DOIMs across the Army make reaching AGCRA.com through “.mil” e-mail addresses and government IT systems much more challenging.
- Likewise, please refrain from using your Army or government computer to access AGCRA IT resources. Our AGCRA website and social media accounts can be best viewed through your personal smartphone, smart pad, or home PC.
7. AGCRA social media accounts include: